• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 044 10mm KS cylinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 456531 @Definitive Dave

Mine has a b stamped. Just sizing right? what is the aa circle?
yeah the A and B are just slight differences in sizes to help the assemblers at Stihl pick the best piston for the jug

The A over A nonsense I was spouting relates to coin collecting where a double strike on a coin can turn a normal coin into a Uber coin even in not perfect condition.
If such a coin had double or triple other mint created markings it would add a zero at least :)
Dave

$10.00 1955 penny
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1955-P-NGC-...852325?hash=item2104681b25:g:RDMAAOSwT6pV3Osh

$4600.00 1955 penny
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1955-1c-PCG...h=item43dbf208c3:m:mmIorAhHwEAQwaNe6A2v-ywand

Brian, my 126****** SN saw has the Red control levers, but both my 120****** and the next door neighbor's 120****** both have Black Control levers, so I think this saw is original. First one I have seen with the smaller caps ... VERY NICE.

If I did not already have 2 10 mms, and 5 saws total (already more than I need), I would jump on this.

They likely feel the same because you are running the dp cover on the 12 and not on the 10, and stock filters on both. It is very easy to wake them up!

Brian, my 126****** SN saw has the Red control levers, but both my 120****** and the next door neighbor's 120****** both have Black Control levers, so I think this saw is original. First one I have seen with the smaller caps ... VERY NICE.

If I did not already have 2 10 mms, and 5 saws total (already more than I need), I would jump on this.

They likely feel the same because you are running the dp cover on the 12 and not on the 10, and stock filters on both. It is very easy to wake them up!

sounds great what do you do to wake them up?

This saw has developed a mysterious air leak so until I get it sorted out, it is no longer available. It's such a major leak that it won't hold any pressure at all. Not sure what happened. It runs but really erratic and won't tune. I went through the carb as I thought that was the problem but it's something else. I know it's NOT the impulse line. I sprayed the manifold boot with soapy water but I'll have to pull the cylinder or the tank handle to get a better view of that. I checked the clutch side seal and it seems ok. It's not leaking at my block off points at the muffler and carb and the spark plug isn't leaking. There's no compression release. Sigh... At least I didn't send it to someone and have them discover that. I'll put it in the to be fixed pile along with dozens of its kinfolk. When I get it sorted out, I'll reactivate this post if its still here.

Found the air leak. The culprit is the clutch side crank seal. Bearings seem tight, thing must've just gotten tired after 25 years or so. Guess I need to go internet shopping.
I put an MS660 back together today (changed the fuel tank) and that seems like it may have an air leak too. Are there wicked elves in my shop wreaking havoc?

Latest posts

Back