• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 044 (12 mm)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DexterDay

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have a Stihl 044 that as much as I want to keep it? I want to sell it. Saw starts, runs, idles, revs, etc. It has the HD system (not the HD2) and large dawgs.

I have put a new 1/2 wrap and a new dual port (entire assembly) muffler on it. Can include stock muff if you wanted it.

Saw is pumping about 155 psi and the piston and cyl look great.

Has 2 flaws that I see. One is the crack in air filter cover. (Can be seen in pics), and a small crack in rear handle (all the way at the back end, seen in some pics). Neither are cracked fully across.

Wanting to get $500 shipped PHO. I have an 18" bar (it's an east coast thing :)) that I would throw in with new chain for $25 more (Oregon bar that's pretty new).

Thanks for looking

Gonna take some pics in natural light tomorrow. The pic with the bar was when the original half wrap was on it. Bar is not included. But shows the plastic colors a little better.

Dex

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Can see crack in filter cover below.

image.jpg
Can see handle crack in pic below pretty good.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

44 aye? That should be gone right after turkey.:popcorn: Those saws never ever last long in the classifieds.

Hate to sell it, because it screams. But I am gonna buy one more saw, and be done :rolleyes: (that's what I keep telling myself) :rolleyes:

A 261 mtronic and I'm done. I only cut about 9-10 cord a year (an 8 cord log load and then 1-2 cord at friends/family or at my place. The 036 Pro I am keeping is the one that started it all. I have had prob 11 of them, and only kept the very 1st one I bought. Until the 036, I had all Husq and none were Pro models. Had a 435T, a 435, and a 455 Rancher. Got the 036 and CAD struck hard amd fast. That was 3 yrs ago. :)

Rant over.. :D

Hate to sell it, because it screams. But I am gonna buy one more saw, and be done :rolleyes: (that's what I keep telling myself) :rolleyes:

A 261 mtronic and I'm done. I only cut about 9-10 cord a year (an 8 cord log load and then 1-2 cord at friends/family or at my place. The 036 Pro I am keeping is the one that started it all. I have had prob 11 of them, and only kept the very 1st one I bought. Until the 036, I had all Husq and none were Pro models. Had a 435T, a 435, and a 455 Rancher. Got the 036 and CAD struck hard amd fast. That was 3 yrs ago. :)

Rant over.. :D

I agree- one more Stihl and the collection will be complete. Then it'll be time to start on the XP Husq and Jonsereds.:ices_rofl:
44 aye? That should be gone right after turkey.:popcorn: Those saws never ever last long in the classifieds.

I cant believe I got a disagree on this post- must have been a mistake.:dizzy:

I agree- one more Stihl and the collection will be complete. Then it'll be time to start on the XP Husq and Jonsereds.:ices_rofl:

I cant believe I got a disagree on this post- must have been a mistake.:dizzy:

I would say it is a mistake or he's hoping to snatch it up:laugh:

I bought a new one for it, but swapped it with another saw. It's purely cosmetic. I hope a $6 part will not hinder the sale.

But, I just ordered one anyways. Also a new clutch cover ($35). Those will ship to the buyer after their arrival.

Latest posts

Back