Stihl 044 really clean what’s it worth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnT34

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi all
As per the title I have a really clean 044 that i want to sell.
I am primarily a Husqvarna, jonsered and Sachs dolmar guy in that order
And if I take up gathering Stihl as well the wife will likely through me out
It has brilliant compression ands runs perfectly
Anyway what’s it worth??
JohnIMG_1742.jpgIMG_1743.jpgIMG_1738.jpgIMG_1737.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Price will vary depending on it being a 10mm or 12mm saw. What is the serial number? Someone (with more knowledge than me) should be able to tell just by the number.

That is a red lever 10mm 044 from the mid 90's. They are rare, and one of the best, if not the best performing 70cc chainsaws Stihl ever produced. I wouldn't sell it.
I'd make an offer, but I already have one. You look like you work on saws, so you might want to make a small timing advance in that 044 and add a dual ported muffler. It really comes alive then.

£320 plus shipping I would think it would walk out.

£400 plus shipping it should sell but might hang about a little.

GLWS

For what it’s worth, I just gave $340 US dollars for a MS441c Magnum and it is no where near as good of condition as your saw! My plastic is faded badly but saw runs well. If your saw was available locally at $400, I would snatch it up!

Wow thanks for all the reply, it’s actually worth more than I thought
I paid 250 for and it was a one owner saw so it seems like I am in a good position
I was looking for the serial number and can’t seem to find it where is this located on Stihl
Saws

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was looking for the serial number and can’t seem to find it where is this located on Stihl
Saws
I would expect to see it here
80110CC9-BE66-4D42-A1E7-10E6B68B0508.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Well it might be hot n been filed off. Hence 1 owner+1 non owner lol. That’s where all my serial numbers are.

Could also maybe be a non oem case?

I have a nice early 12mm 044 arctic amd I wouldn't part with it for $400 US, its too good.

Latest posts

Back