Stihl 044 value ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hiluxxulih

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
What is the private party value of my Stihl 044 it was bought new by me in 1999 it has probably 15 hours on it wrap handle and a 25" forester bar and chain in very good condition it has a broken oil cap protector ( damaged in shipping ) hence the good deal I got on the saw in the first place , the reason I am asking is because I want a new MS440 and the local saw shop wants $875 with a 24" bar and chain and the cad is kicking in .

What is the private party value of my Stihl 044 it was bought new by me in 1999 it has probably 15 hours on it wrap handle and a 25" forester bar and chain in very good condition it has a broken oil cap protector ( damaged in shipping ) hence the good deal I got on the saw in the first place , the reason I am asking is because I want a new MS440 and the local saw shop wants $875 with a 24" bar and chain and the cad is kicking in .
First off..you're screwing yourself by having a Forester bar on a Shihl chainsaw that you claim
to only have 15 hours on..?? What happened to the original bar..??

I wouldn't be interested unless you had some good answers..

What is the compression..?? It should look 'cherry' with only 15 hours use..No??

I guesstimate value at $500 if in 'cherry' condition..$400-$450 if less than..
:cheers:
J2F

Im with the last two guys. Why are you selling it if it's a very low hr saw to turn around and buy a new one?

Pictures will help.

Alright I have some cell pics , another thing I dont think it came with a wrap hande I think I put it on when we got a bunch of saw parts .
1328135706.jpg

1328135690.jpg

1328135673.jpg

First off..you're screwing yourself by having a Forester bar on a Shihl chainsaw that you claim
to only have 15 hours on..?? What happened to the original bar..??

I wouldn't be interested unless you had some good answers..

What is the compression..?? It should look 'cherry' with only 15 hours use..No??

I guesstimate value at $500 if in 'cherry' condition..$400-$450 if less than..
J2F
It did not have a bar on it when I bought power head only that was because my dad had a bunch of old Oregon bars around so I used one of those then a year or two after I bought it I picked up a 36" Stihl ES bar ( yes it was way to long ) I just sold the bar on craigs list a few weeks ago .

Starter cover looks like aftermarket. No stihl logo at all, no trace. Very fishy unless you replaced the cover with an aftermarket?

Scrap that L9000 ford truck in the pic that looks like it's been sitting for decades... And buy a new 440 lol

Good to see pics..that's a rough 15 hours..!!

$400-$450
J2F

The black marks are from a pressure washer hose that was dragged over it a few times and the Stihl lettering in the pull starter being gone is from brake cleen :( another thing is I am just guessing the hours to be 15 it could be higher or lower .

The ones that look like that and have been on craigslist for 4 years have been listed for $400-$450, if you want to move it $300 would be a bit closer to getting it sold. I'm not knocking your saw, just trying to give you a realistic price to get it sold, from someone who checks the saw market 4-5 times a day.

I used brake cleen the clean the saw once and it took off the lettering on the starter cover :(

Brake kleen will lighten up the orange on the plastic more than remove the Stihl logo. Also, the black striping on the gunning sights still look perfect. I have done that same thing before, and I know what happens with OE and aftermarket.

I smell bull####.

Back