Stihl 056 magnum II questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay so I have my crankcase split but I have a few more questions.

1) How do I get the snap ring that holds the bearing in place, out from the clutch side? Or should I leave it until I pound the bearing out?

2) My flywheel side bearing side bearing slid out with the crank. Should I heat the crank or the bearing to remove it?

3) How do I remove the oil pickup tube? Do I use a hammer and punch to tap it out?

4) Should I disassemble the oil pump to clean it? If so what should I use, and what's the best way to do it?

Im concerned about the heat buildup with powder coating the cooling fins. It will insulate it to some degree.. How much depends on how many layers/thickness. I found this out when i was looking into buying intercoolers, the powder coated ones were much less efficient.

Anodizing would be your best bet since it stains the metal and doesnt change heat transfer qualities significantly.

I am sure some OEMs have powder coated cylinders, they might make up for it in the tune?

I don't know enough about powder coating to say anything authoritative, but I'd be sure to not let any case dimensions be changed as a result of thickness buildup, and not coat any mating surfaces. Is masking tape enough to accomplish that?

Also, where does one send a part to be powder coated?

Latest posts

Back