Stihl 056AV to 056 Magnum II, can it be converted?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The concern is smacking the top of the cylinder with the piston. Need to check it. It’s no big deal at all. You could be down to .008” no gasket. Personally I don’t think in most cases base gasket deleting is worth it. The port timing changes so IMO it’s often a wash. More compression or better port timing. I’ll take port timing all day.

The concern is smacking the top of the cylinder with the piston. Need to check it. It’s no big deal at all. You could be down to .008” no gasket. Personally I don’t think in most cases base gasket deleting is worth it. The port timing changes so IMO it’s often a wash. More compression or better port timing. I’ll take port timing all day.
yeah ive read the best is adjusting compression and also doing port timing work, or like a pop up piston that keeps timing the same but more compression, not sure i can find one for the 056 super though lol, i did not run my 034 much before deleting the base gasket. ran it with no tank as it was smashed fuel down the carb, then as i was doing the tank swap i said the heck with it and did the engine work, i know these are awesome saws to begin with but i feel it had to have woken it up, i have 165 for compression in 7 pulls, over 100 on the 3rd pull, seems like shes awesome beyond belief to me, and shreds wood with the 18" bar i put on

Latest posts

Back