Stihl 064 project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been a while but got it most of the way back together, does anyone know if the intelli-carb snout should have a rubber boot or gasket on it for use with the HD filter base? Can't find any reference to the boot but with the HD base having a hole for the intelli-carb on the clean side of the filter I feel that one should be there.
IMG_20180322_134253.jpg

No you can take the snorkel off and if you have the old carb take the top plate off it and put it on your new carb.

This saw has the old style filter and intelli-carb. Not sure if the carb is original or not, I'm working on gathering the parts to convert it to the HD filter setup and I do not have the boot between the intelli-carb snorkel and the HD filter base. The way it was setup when I got it the snorkel was open to the carb box behind the filter base, the HD base draws from the clean side of the filter.

This saw has the old style filter and intelli-carb. Not sure if the carb is original or not, I'm working on gathering the parts to convert it to the HD filter setup and I do not have the boot between the intelli-carb snorkel and the HD filter base. The way it was setup when I got it the snorkel was open to the carb box behind the filter base, the HD base draws from the clean side of the filter.
The carb that you have is for the late 066 ms660 064 will not have that stile of carb even with the HD conversion. IMG_20180712_110005.jpg

Some 064s (most?) had the snorkel carb and correct filter base. The Bing carb base did not have the comp hole. 3411 comes to mind for comp hole, 3405 as “Bing” af base.

I believe the op just needs the black grommet that covers the carb to AF base connection. No worries- dealer or eBay. AM are “ok” for this part but oem are best.

Some 064s (most?) had the snorkel carb and correct filter base. The Bing carb base did not have the comp hole. 3411 comes to mind for comp hole, 3405 as “Bing” af base.

I believe the op just needs to Black grommet that covers the carb to AF base connection. No worries- dealer or eBay. AM are “ok” for this part but oem are best.
Yep just look there are two different HD versions for the 064 did not know that I've got the older version on mine which don't really matter there great saw's know mater how there set up is.

No you can take the snorkel off and if you have the old carb take the top plate off it and put it on your new carb.

I believe the op just needs the black grommet that covers the carb to AF base connection. No worries- dealer or eBay. AM are “ok” for this part but oem are best.

Does anyone have a part number for this piece?

Yep, they sure are. Even the non-HD early set-up run great.
The convenience of many 660 parts fitting is nice for 064 rehabs. I have one 064 with a 660 style tank and AF setup... the other two are conventional 064 HD.

1124 121 9100 for that black piece

I recently picked up a nice early 064AV and decided to move to the new HD air filter as the saw has the old style screen with no flocking. I just received the 1122 007 1031 HD conversion kit from the UK.

Unfortunately, my saw has the old style carb shown on the right side of the installation instructions, which suggests I need to replace the top end of my carb with the ?intellicarb? head.
Before I order anything else I was hoping to get some clarifications from the knowledgable folks on this forum.

1. I believe I need to remove the metal plate / baffle (1122 121 7000). Correct?
2. Is the top end of the Intellicarb available as an orderable part or do I need to replace the entire carb? Alternatively is it possible to run the HD filter without the Intellicarb top and stick with the original carb setup without negative effects?
3. Finally - the discussion related to 1124 121 9100 was unclear to me. Would I also need to order 1124 121 9100?

Thanks in advance for any help on this!

Attachments

• Chainsaw Questions.jpg
    Chainsaw Questions.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 4
Back