Stihl 064AV HD2 filter conversion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warzecha0563

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Good morning all, I know this topic has been beaten to death but I was wondering if someone could take a look at the carb on my early 064av and tell me what air filter base I need. I am finding conflicting part numbers for the saw (one plate having a hole for a intellicarb, and one not) I would assume I do not have any of that on a saw this old.
Do I need a 1122 120 3405
Or a 1122 120 3411

once I can source the right base I will get the filter and shroud

thanks for any help you can offer

Attachments

• 1620FA2E-5C76-4B90-A079-20B98E3C4FC0.jpeg
    1620FA2E-5C76-4B90-A079-20B98E3C4FC0.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
  • 0923943C-BCF6-4AF6-BE1E-95B335489CFA.jpeg
    0923943C-BCF6-4AF6-BE1E-95B335489CFA.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
  • A4F777EA-9A87-44C3-86A1-516FFFA80185.jpeg
    A4F777EA-9A87-44C3-86A1-516FFFA80185.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
This is almost the exact saw I have. My vent tube for the fuel tank is a piece of hose that goes up and through the cover to vent to the atmosphere. I like your vent much better and will try and find one like that to replace mine. The hose on mine has cracked. I am also going to upgrade mine to the larger HD2 air cleaner. I have most of the parts but now discover that I need the new top piece to the carburetor, as well as the little boot. Thank you for posting pictures and giving a good description that I can follow. I am now considering going to the Maxflow air cleaner intake kit. Like most small projects you get so far in then can't stop mid way. I also need to find the nuts and gasket kit. I don't have those parts either. Would you have readily available the Stihl number for those parts. Thanks again.

This is almost the exact saw I have. My vent tube for the fuel tank is a piece of hose that goes up and through the cover to vent to the atmosphere. I like your vent much better and will try and find one like that to replace mine. The hose on mine has cracked. I am also going to upgrade mine to the larger HD2 air cleaner. I have most of the parts but now discover that I need the new top piece to the carburetor, as well as the little boot. Thank you for posting pictures and giving a good description that I can follow. I am now considering going to the Maxflow air cleaner intake kit. Like most small projects you get so far in then can't stop mid way. I also need to find the nuts and gasket kit. I don't have those parts either. Would you have readily available the Stihl number for those parts. Thanks again.
I’ll be honest, once I knew what I was doing and what I needed to get this done i took it to my local Stihl saw shop and they were able to get me all the parts. Sorry I did not save the part numbers.

Thanks for your help and reply. I was going to just go to the Stihl dealer and ask also. Have a happy new year.

Latest posts

Back