• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl 066 660 661 stock or ported......lend out horror story

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berad80

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Yea title says it.....let my buddy borrow my 660 with a brand new 36esbar and chain and well........it fell out of his truck somewhere! hahaha ....so I'm now in search....Bought it needing a few things - chain tensioner -brake spring- clutch cleaning- loud muffler.. saw was very strong low hour .I did a dual port on the stock muffler tuned it in and started to fully redo it so it was "shiny". Saw actually had sentimental value to me too..idk what to even say the value of it was ? i spent a ton of time detailing it ..now im looking at the parts I got for it and wishing it was here hahaha ....I never ever set my saws in my bed they go in the cab with me...considered getting car seats for my minty 026-361-440....oh well what can you do besides get another one that's more badass........would prefer a ported modded saw........I was going to use my 660 to run a mill. Let me know what you have please compression and function ect THANK YOU! I hear the never lend a saw out horror stories about straight fuel ect.....but all you need there is a new jug that's ported! I need the whole unit hahahaha all i can do is laugh smh

:eek: Seriously? Hope your bud bid the job high enough to "find" a nice 660 in it somewhere.

Thanks for reminding us exactly why we don't lend out good saws.

As to value, might be tough to replace. Can be tough to buy in similar shape. Sorry for your loss.

Not mine, but I am real close.
http://limaohio.craigslist.org/grd/4678141418.html

MS660 Magnum Stihl chainsaw - $850 (tiffin)

00G0G_ifQo6fnEPkt_600x450.jpg

00M0M_gZiZvJrbWUt_600x450.jpg

Stihl MS660 Magnum in great condition. This 91.6cc saw starts and runs flawlessly. Comes with one 20" bar and chain and one 32" bar and chain. Just in time for cutting season. Looking for $850 OBO

Not mine, but I am real close.
http://limaohio.craigslist.org/grd/4678141418.html

MS660 Magnum Stihl chainsaw - $850 (tiffin)

00G0G_ifQo6fnEPkt_600x450.jpg

00M0M_gZiZvJrbWUt_600x450.jpg

Stihl MS660 Magnum in great condition. This 91.6cc saw starts and runs flawlessly. Comes with one 20" bar and chain and one 32" bar and chain. Just in time for cutting season. Looking for $850 OBO

That's very cool of you to be on the look out for one like you are for him. Just may want to check it out pretty carefully- not sure how hard you have to use a saw to deform a muffler & shear off a chain catch. Granted, the covers are kinda flimsy & thin and the catches are made of sacrificial aluminum. Just saying though- definitely check the Comp & P/C. Scott

Thank you for doing that right now I'm looking at fastleos nos 064 with a OEM066 friend and mastermind porting......but that saw is close to me too

MS660 body/chassis with OEM 066 flat top non-decomp cylinder under the hood ported by srcarr. Hasn't even seen wood yet. Haven't pulled compression yet but it's a real hard roll over so it has strong compression. All oem saw except the AM wide skirt, air filter, and meteor piston and rings. OEM dual port muffler and seen with 30" NOS GB protop bar.

Was about to put it on ebay till i saw this thread...

yea, all I have left to do is maybe mod the muffler some more b/c I know shaun will brow beat me if I don't port match the muffler to the exhaust. Also the worm gear arm isn't engaging the with the clutch drum so a quick bend of the worm gear arm and a little grinding and she'll be done. I already started it... sounds nasty as is...

How did you remove the inner baffling?
IF, there is inner baffling, my process is...
1.) drill the spot welds with my drill press
2.) remove cage
3.) mig the holes shut and grind flat again
4.) port match cylinder to muffler
5.) open cover and side exit some
6.) repaint with Por15 black velvet

Back