Stihl 07

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

295 tramp

Hillbilly Saws
Reaction score
Well I'm giving it another shot in the line up.
This time it got new case gaskets, seals, rings.
It will probably be on the shelf again because I lost the thrust
Washers for the piston pin bearing. This saw and me have a love
Hate relationship.
20160123_081054.jpg
20160123_081107.jpg
20160123_081337.jpg

Thanks
If anyone could steer me in the wear abouts for those thrust washers I can finally finish this build.

Hi
Can you tell me the serial nr on your saw??
I can se it has the early type cylinder ;-)

Thanks

This was found on a local graigslist with homelite VI-125 for 15€ ( ~17 usd ).
Turns when pulling the starter, and has spark...... Old fuel in the tank, fuel lines like chewing gum! Wanted to take picture like got it, dusty etc. but my father provided a helping hand and cleaned with an oily rag before i got to it.......
So, opinions what next......
Stihl_07.jpg

Stihl_07_2.jpg

Stihl_07_3.jpg

Serial number looks like 183460

RV

Clean it, rebuild the carb and you have a nice 75cc vintage saw! If not, ship it to me;-)

Hiya Steffen. Do u have any experience of fitting electronic ignition to 07's ? There's a thread that ran in 2010 here, the end result seemed inconclusive, with the owner saying he'd go back to points. I've just bought an 07, haven't picked it up yet, but told it fires. i'm a fan of 08s's, have three an use em most wks. I've never been able to find what power they supposed to put out (08s), d'ya know? 07 is 4.5 horse? Any info gratefully received. Am in UK, virtually no parts here. Cheers.

I've never been able to find what power they supposed to put out (08s), d'ya know?

There was a change with the piston and cylinder in 1988, (TI 42.1988)

Old version o8S: 56cc, Bore: 47mm, 2,5kW (3,4HP) up to serial no.: X 18 735 399
New version 08S: 60,3cc, Bore: 49mm, 2,7kW (3,7HP) from serial no.: X 18 735 400

Hi guys, thanks for that. My 08s's have the 49mm pistons. I have run a 28" bar on one, on a years dead 4ft diameter oak, slow but did it well. So, this 07 i'm getting has more power, great! K, Steffen, i'll scout out Atom an Nova. Erm, hope u lot r going to be ok, having voted in the Donald. Cheers.

Update on 07. Got it home. Probs: water in cases, mains rusty. Barrel an piston has light scoring exhaust side. Barrel exhaust stud mount gone, that is, the casting that stud taps into is not there, snapped off. Does anyone have a good barrel/piston set? Assume seals an bearings are readily available size? Seems a very well engineered saw generally, worth persevering with.

Back