Stihl 075 switch wiring

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tbone247

Reaction score
I recently purchased an old Stihl 075 (maybe AV) and knew when I bought it the kill switch didn't work. I was able to crank it but it didn't run very fast. I removed the air filter while running and it sped up. Guessing it's an adjustment but wondering if anyone has any insight. Also, I bought a knew kill switch and when I went to put it in found one wire from the coil to the switch and another wire grounding out on the carb and lose on the other end. Anyone know how they should be attached.

Thanks!

Sounds like it is time for a new filter.
Usually, the switch just goes to ground, thus connects the ignition to ground, thus shutting off the ignition when the switch is turned to "off".

Thanks for your quick reply. I wondered about the filter, but I believe it is brand new. I only ran the thing for maybe 10 minutes. As far as the switch, it only has a place for one wire to go to it, so I don't see how to connect the grounded wire (which is separate) to it. Thanks for the help! I'll keep fiddling with it

075 001.JPG Here is the blowups. Looks like just 1 wire goes to the kill switch, and it grounds where it mounts. Most of the old ones were wired this way, because they were made of metal back then.

I a fixing one wit the same issues now. I believe the switch grounds through the body of the ari filter, and on mine I am missing a screw for the air filter. I suspect that screw with fix the switch.

Back