• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 076 Super for sale or trade, PHO, $450 plus shipping

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbfarmall

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Looking to move this thing. Haven't really used the saw since I repaired it years ago. Here's the story:

Bought it with low compression, expecting to have to replace the piston. Turns out the decomp was bent and stuck open. Not having a new decomp, I used the plug off a junk demo saw cylinder and voila!, tons of compression.

The saw is in very good condition other than paint loss from being 15 or 20 years old. The only damage I see is on the top of fan housing as pictured. NONE of the screws for the recoil, muffler cover, handle, etc. have been drilled out for a larger screw. (A very common repair to this series of saws.) I made sure all the recoil screws have that 'special' oblong Stihl washer. Doesn't smoke or idle poorly due to a leaking oil pump boot. (You still may want to have one of these boots on hand just in case.) The manual and auto oilers both work. I'm pretty sure I replaced the fuel lines when I repaired the saw years ago and they are still flexible. The air filter is new. The chainbrake works beautifully. You can see where the clutch cover got hot from the brake dragging(?) but it isn't thin anywhere.

I will include a full wrap handle with the lower mounting bracket. All you should need to do to install this is modify the bottom of the clutch cover to clear the handle.

If you know anything about this series of saws, removing the muffler is problematic but the piston can be seem thru the carb and it looks great.

PM with any questions. Interesting trades are always welcome, but I do know this saw isn't cheap.

076_1.JPG 076_2.JPG 076_3.JPG 076_4.JPG 076_5.JPG

Does this run? Video would be awesome, as it looks really rough.....

Scott (pretty please....asking nice like) B

Latest posts

Back