• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold STIHL 084 AV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was rereading the thread...just to make sure...do you use an adapter for your compression gauge? If you do and it doesn’t have the schrader valve at the end then it’ll read low.

Let me tell you a bit about myself. I played online poker for almost 8 years and about a year and half ago I knew nothing about chainsaws. Online poker got tougher and tougher at higher limits and I was looking for ways to earn money. The idea of selling chainsaws came out of the blue, I was just watching a video about selling tips online, where the guy told that if you have a $5 item that you can sell for $10 you must make twenty transactions to make $100, so why don't you just find a $100 item you can sell for $200 instead? I was like, how about chainsaws? Of course I'm not doubling my money here, but saws are expensive enough to realize some profit in one transaction rather than selling $5 watches multiple times. I bought my first chainsaw, it was a very nice STIHL 084 AV at an unbelievably good price. I still have the photos!

I asked an old guy nearby to help me starting the saw. He asked me how much money I paid for it. I told him and he constantly criticized that beautiful 084 AV and made me feel bad. At that time I knew nothing about saws so I thought I did not make a good deal, but it was a very, very good deal. He told me it is better to stop dealing with saws, because there is no honesty and I will get scammed. I continued and I usually asked him if I needed help, because he was nearby and I did not know anybody else and because my collector friend lives in a different city. The old man is very unpredictable, sometimes he is very helpful, sometimes he is cunning and makes small tricks. I can be tricked easily because I don't have an engineer mindset. I currently don't have a compression tester and I usually ask him to check compression of the saws, he has a cheap $10-$15 compression tester and he uses an adapter. We checked about 40-50 bigger saws and we never had a compression over 145 PSI, I don't know how accurate this tests are.

Check my first 084 AV photos!

Attachments

• 20160914_180315 (1).jpg
    20160914_180315 (1).jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 40
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 40
Wow that’s a very beautiful saw.

If the adaptor isn’t a certain way it can throw off your readings easily 40-50 psi. That’s why I was asking.

I know it’ll cut into your profits up front but it may be worthwhile in the long run to buy your own tester. You can probably find one on your eBay for a decent price. Just trying to help you because if he was using an adapter and is 40psi off then that may be why it’s blowing low and causing issues with the sale.

Poker player who is tricked easily.......:surprised3:........how much money you got?

Just ribbing David.;)

I think an accurate compression test could get you an extra 5% out of each saw. That would pay for itself quickly enough.

Poker player who is tricked easily.......:surprised3:........how much money you got?

Just ribbing David.;)

I think an accurate compression test could get you an extra 5% out of each saw. That would pay for itself quickly enough.

Well, at least I know I'm being bluffed. Yes, I will buy my own compression tester!

Latest posts

Back