Stihl 08S flywheel/coil needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NWCS

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
hey all, im in serious need of a stihl 08S old style 2pc flywheel and the complete matching points ignition setup. had to replace the crank case on a TS350 cutoff saw and used an 08S case. come to find out the shroud around the flywheel sticks out MUCH more on the 08S case and the electronic ignition flywheel can not even make it to the taper on the crank..

i would LOVE to trade this electronic ignition setup straight across for the points version.

these are the ones i have:
Flywheel: Stihl PN 1108 400 120 (5) (has a 5 in a circle at the end of the PN like shown)

module: SEM Type GA (same as Stihl 056) Stihl PN 1108 400 0810 (just put a new plug wire on it too)

I had that very same problem when I took an SEM flywheel/module off a parts saw and installed it on my points TS350. What I did was take a Sawzall and slice off that shroud to fit.

Sounds pretty hillbilly, but, to be honest, it works fine and I totally forgot about it until I read your post.

Chris B.

Now that I think about it, I used a hacksaw blade with tape wrapped around one end for a handle. It'd be too easy to get carried away with a Sawzall. That and I don't think I had the right blade for it.

Chris B.

ive been real tempted to do that.. might use my dremel. i have a bunch of those tiny little cutoff wheels that would be perfect for the job.. i just hate to cut it up cause this is a customers saw.. but he has allready expressed his desire for electronic ignition. thanks farmall, now that i know it will work ill do it.

well i did it.. i got the dremel out, hacksaw, and a round file and got the area needed cut down.. slid the flywheel on.. IT FITS! man cbfarmall you rock.
mostly back together, just need to get the carb kit and the rest of the guard parts.. but heres a pic! im one happy man now. starting to look like a real saw! its now a wild mix of TS350 Super and 08S parts. piston/cyl a bit scored on the intake side.. but the customer is not able to afford replacement parts yet. ???? near begged him not to run it much without getting that new piston/cyl.. i have a LOT of work and a replacement block/crank on it allready..

Latest posts

Back