Stihl 056AV EI Module needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLTJr3

Reaction score
SO, I've seem this posted awhile back but looking for current info/thinking on the subject. I need a replacement Electronic Ignition Module for a Stihl 056 AV. Best I can find is $192.xx on ebay. Has anyone tried to convert an EI back to a points and condenser setup? Alternatively I saw some info on replacing the capacitor but I need advice on the best solvent to attack the epoxy. thanks for any advice!

Attachments

• IMG_0963.JPG
    IMG_0963.JPG
    322.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0964.JPG
    IMG_0964.JPG
    363.5 KB · Views: 18
SO, I've seem this posted awhile back but looking for current info/thinking on the subject. I need a replacement Electronic Ignition Module for a Stihl 056 AV. Best I can find is $192.xx on ebay. Has anyone tried to convert an EI back to a points and condenser setup? Alternatively I saw some info on replacing the capacitor but I need advice on the best solvent to attack the epoxy. thanks for any advice!
Welcome to AS

A ton of info on this here since Foggysail fixed the first Bosch ign. on a 056.

Post more/as much info on your saw with pictures and many here will help you out

The Photo in the OP is a SEM type looks like. Not sure who SELETTO is , or whatever that says. But, I have had them .
I was just sitting down to start trying to do the tear down to get to the Cap on mine. Before I try to do all that…. What is your price on a replacement?

I was just sitting down to start trying to do the tear down to get to the Cap on mine. Before I try to do all that…. What is your price on a replacement?
I don't have any. Just pointing out that you are looking at a thread on repairing a Bosch ignition and what you have in your photo is not a Bosch ignition.

It's a SEM GA type although another company apparently made it.

I don't have any. Just pointing out that you are looking at a thread on repairing a Bosch ignition and what you have in your photo is not a Bosch ignition.

It's a SEM GA type although another company apparently made it.
Ok, sorry, have you seen a thread on repairing the stihl labeled module?

Back