Stihl 08s oiler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Mayers

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please I do hope that someone can help, my Stihl 08S has an odd oiler problem, I have taken the tank flushed it out removed the oiler cleaned the oiler galleries, cleaned the oiler, cleaned the oiler pickup , blown the oil tank out with compressed air, it will oil for about 5 minutes when cutting large logs, its fitted with a 21" bar and chain, yesterday I put on a new oiler, same thing it oiled for about 5 minutes of cutting, then it stopped the oil tank is still 80 percent full, hope that someone can help regards thanks David.

Please I do hope that someone can help, my Stihl 08S has an odd oiler problem, I have taken the tank flushed it out removed the oiler cleaned the oiler galleries, cleaned the oiler, cleaned the oiler pickup , blown the oil tank out with compressed air, it will oil for about 5 minutes when cutting large logs, its fitted with a 21" bar and chain, yesterday I put on a new oiler, same thing it oiled for about 5 minutes of cutting, then it stopped the oil tank is still 80 percent full, hope that someone can help regards thanks David.

More that likely the vent hole on your oil cap is clogged. When next it acts up, crack open your oil cap to see if it starts working.

More that likely the vent hole on your oil cap is clogged. When next it acts up, crack open your oil cap to see if it starts working.
Thanks for your message, that's a brilliant idea, I saw a similar message online re my Husqvarna 365 which has a similar issue, I do believe that one can get a vented cap for my Husky from a strimmer/weedeater which with a bit of fettling fits, possibly can do the same for the 08S, once again thanks for your help, regards David.

Back