Stihl 090?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some pics. They look a bit different to me but heck I am wrong many times.

I have one 090 and 3 070s (in various states of repair). I have never needed to look at the 090 crank, but the 070s have both of the varieties that you have shown. The newest 070 AV has the extra weights bolted on, the oldest non AV doesn't and the "intermediate" non AV does. I wonder if it is an age thing rather than model type? Perhaps they modified the crank to reduce vibration sometime in the production run?

I have one 090 and 3 070s (in various states of repair). I have never needed to look at the 090 crank, but the 070s have both of the varieties that you have shown. The newest 070 AV has the extra weights bolted on, the oldest non AV doesn't and the "intermediate" non AV does. I wonder if it is an age thing rather than model type? Perhaps they modified the crank to reduce vibration sometime in the production run?

Sounds likely, those models have been made for a very long time.....:clap: :clap:

I was curious if this is the biggest Stihl saw made? I've heard that it is the big brute of the bunch, that it beats out the 88/880?

I have never ran one, but would like to pick one up if i could find a decent one, just from what i've heard about the power....Its like i cant ever find something with "enough" power...

090G is the baddest of the big boys !!!! i borrowed my neighbors and it's freaking animal but like carrying around a rototiller, i had a bruise on my leg the size of a baseball for weeks after falling four huge silver maples with 5 foot bases. it blows my 056 and 084 away the gear drive is something else.The only trouble is finding cain for it without switching to 404.:greenchainsaw:

There's also a few 090s that are 70mm 164cc? and a few 137cc 090s that have a special six-headbolt jug and crankcase just for racing.

Wow. Me want one. Big saw good. Preciousss good........... No, the Precioussss is too expensive... but Nigerian offer to trade Precioussss for my house.... house for the Preciousss good deal... we needs the Preciousss.....LOL

Are there any action videos of these monsters CSFW? (in action)

Wow. I'd rather try one of those babies out than shoot a tommy gun.

090G is the baddest of the big boys !!!! i borrowed my neighbors and it's freaking animal but like carrying around a rototiller, i had a bruise on my leg the size of a baseball for weeks after falling four huge silver maples with 5 foot bases. it blows my 056 and 084 away the gear drive is something else.The only trouble is finding cain for it without switching to 404.:greenchainsaw:

The 090G's are nice saws. I have a few of them. Yes the .404 gears are a bit tough to find but I offered to have some built but no one like the price.

Bill

The highest I've seen one go for was recently for the one that had never had fuel or oil in it. It went for $2050. Never seen one go for any where near $3K.

There has been alot of 090s for sell this year, this seems to have driven the price down some. Lets see what This one goes for.

Later,

There's also a few 090s that are 70mm 164cc? and a few 137cc 090s that have a special six-headbolt jug and crankcase just for racing.

Madsens in Centralia,Wash. had a 10 cubic in. 090. It was a factory experimental for cutting big hardwood in Africa.

I don't think its for sale though.

Latest posts

Back