• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 090AV, early style

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got this saw complete, but incredibly dirty and in a non-running condition. I disassembled the covers, top end, carb, etc., then cleaned it all up and reassembled it with some new gaskets and a new air filter. The cylinder has one broken fin on the very top, so no concern at all with cooling or functionality.

As can be seen in the photos, the saw shows its age and wear, but not in bad condition overall. Shy of the starter pull handle it is completely OEM. The clutch still has the friction material on all six shoes. The saw starts, idles, revs, cuts and oils just like it should. It is tuned to factory specs on the H and L, and the wind vane kicks in right where it should around 7,500 RPM. That is all based on 32:1 mix and about 800’ elevation.

$1,000 PHO. I have several bars available as well if the buyer is interested.

Here is a video. The bar in the video is not an option, I just use that short bar to tune & test.

Thank you.

IMG_1150.JPG IMG_1151.JPG IMG_1152.JPG IMG_1154.JPG IMG_1157.JPG IMG_1156.JPG IMG_1153.JPG IMG_1149.JPG

Any interest in trades? I'm looking for a good milling saw.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Only trades or partial trades I would be interested in are:
  • Collectible/desirable 1106 or 1109 series Stihls
  • Rare/NLA 1106 or 1109 series parts.
  • Nice example of an early embossed top 090AV
  • PM390
  • Solo Super Rex

Only trades or partial trades I would be interested in are:
  • Collectible/desirable 1106 or 1109 series Stihls
  • Rare/NLA 1106 or 1109 series parts.
  • Nice example of an early embossed top 090AV
  • PM390
  • Solo Super Rex
Thanks for the reply. I only have a 661 to offer. If the tax check comes soon enough, I'll keep this in mind. I need something to run long bars. GLWS

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Well fellas, I incorrectly thought this would move quickly here being a good running AV. I'm trying to get some saws out the door, so I listed it on feebay. If anyone here is interested before (if) it sells let me know and I can cancel the auction. I did swap the hand guard for a different one I found (white instead of black, with some damage to one side of it), but other than that it's just as pictured & described above.

7.JPG

Well fellas, I incorrectly thought this would move quickly here being a good running AV. I'm trying to get some saws out the door, so I listed it on feebay. If anyone here is interested before (if) it sells let me know and I can cancel the auction. I did swap the hand guard for a different one I found (white instead of black, with some damage to one side of it), but other than that it's just as pictured & described above.

View attachment 633909
These older saws have been moving slow on AS. I also put the option of trades out there but may soon list on feebay as you...

Back