Stihl 090G Rebuild - Stumpy Charity Auction starts Tues. Dec,27th ends Sat, Feb 11th

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't sure the wife would want to do it.
But she is down.

But I had sit it out! (sucks!!!)

The muffler will be one of a kind!
I have pulled some aluminum tube and chopped a 066 muffler for the steel.
Wanted to do this type of modd for a 090 for some time.
This seems to be a good time.

Bottom line is this muffler will be sick! I mean sick!!!!
Will post up one more vid tonight.

Sitting here drinking dago red wine with grandpa.
So it will be a bit!

I haven't received any ticket purchases yet, come on everyone!!! Yes, it will be going on for a month but it's better to buy now than forget and miss out on this great saw :)

Buy them tickets! It's on! Hey Matt, where's part 3?:)

He didn't come to bed until 7:30am! He's back up and doing some shipping and we have a tree guy delivering wood so he'll be drooling over that for a little bit.

He's not allowed on right now because i'm logged in and he needs to deal with his "other" stuff :)

Part 3,

Part 3 Stihl 090G muffler restoration part - YouTube

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2P7e98JM21g?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2P7e98JM21g?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Can't wait to see this saw in some wood!!

Just sent some $ to buy a few tickets. Hope that can help Stumpy even if it is only $20:msp_thumbup:

I'm glad y'all decided to raffle it off. Now my poor ole farmboy azz can have a chance at an 090! :hmm3grin2orange:

090G! The poor farm people are real people, and who I hang with! :rock:

Can't wait to see this saw in some wood!!

Just sent some $ to buy a few tickets. Hope that can help Stumpy even if it is only $20:msp_thumbup:

Any and all I am sure is appreciated!
It would only take $10 to win!

Some updates.

I cannibalized a 090 muffler to fill and form in a new louvre!
Spent 2.5 hours in the set-up tonight.
Will be posting up some real progress on the muffler here in the next 24hrs.

The bar and chains will hopeful fall right in with it!

Will also check in with the bride for a update of the collection so far.

Some updates.

I cannibalized a 090 muffler to fill and form in a new louvre!
Spent 2.5 hours in the set-up tonight.
Will be posting up some real progress on the muffler here in the next 24hrs.

The bar and chains will hopeful fall right in with it!

Will also check in with the bride for a update of the collection so far.

Sounds like you're making good progress. Thanks for the updates.

Great Job so far today, $250 in tickets purchased!!! Keep it coming.

If this continues for the duration, you will raise $8,250!!! Wouldn't that be amazing?????

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in for two opportunities to win this classic saw. Just read this entire thread, beginning to end ... albeit I'm a newbie here, the outpouring of generosity and compassion for a fellow member that has fallen on hard times is nothing less than amazing!! I commend you all for your kindness. And ultimately, if I'm fortunate enough to win, I'll certainly run it a bit ... but it will end up in Stumpy's hands, where it belongs.

:biggrinbounce2:

LW

I'm in for two opportunities to win this classic saw. Just read this entire thread, beginning to end ... albeit I'm a newbie here, the outpouring of generosity and compassion for a fellow member that has fallen on hard times is nothing less than amazing!! I commend you all for your kindness. And ultimately, if I'm fortunate enough to win, I'll certainly run it a bit ... but it will end up in Stumpy's hands, where it belongs.

:biggrinbounce2:

LW

Running a Stihl makes his hands hurt he brakes out in a rash, lots of puking and headaches. He is a Husky Man. :hmm3grin2orange:

Running a Stihl makes his hands hurt he brakes out in a rash, lots of puking and headaches. He is a Husky Man. :hmm3grin2orange:

Well then, perhaps we could go back to plan A ... an eBay auction. Can't imagine cold hard cash would give him those symptoms :msp_rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back