stihl 192tc idle issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my82cam

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i bought some saws this morning, one of them was a stihl 192TC. the problem is the idle surges from hi to low. if you run it wide open it runs great, but let go of the throttle and it takes a while for it to go to idle, once it slows down and goes to idle, it may idle for a few seconds and then start to run at a higher rpm. i set the carb settings 1 turn out and played with it a lil and it didn't seem to help it too much. probably has a vacuum leak, i just thought i would see if they are bad about this or that. i also bought a 192T, but i can't tell what the difference is, does anyone know? thanks guys. also, the 192T runs great and i would like to sell it to help cover the cost of both saws, anybody need one?

i bought some saws this morning, one of them was a stihl 192TC. the problem is the idle surges from hi to low. if you run it wide open it runs great, but let go of the throttle and it takes a while for it to go to idle, once it slows down and goes to idle, it may idle for a few seconds and then start to run at a higher rpm. i set the carb settings 1 turn out and played with it a lil and it didn't seem to help it too much. probably has a vacuum leak, i just thought i would see if they are bad about this or that. i also bought a 192T, but i can't tell what the difference is, does anyone know? thanks guys. also, the 192T runs great and i would like to sell it to help cover the cost of both saws, anybody need one?

I would say your right on the vaccum leak. If its not bogging out your getting Fuel, Air, Spark. You have the three key things. The difference between the T-tc is the 192tc is an Easy To Start saw. High compression, but have a spring in the recoil the alow the operator to safely and easliy start it in the tree. Hope this helps clarrify
-ac

Latest posts

Back