Stihl 201T cracked clutch cover. Best bonding agent?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TunaCat

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
What would be the most durable/best looking product to glue the crack?

Thanks!

FWIW--I last fall had two anti-vibe mounts in my favourite firewood saw come apart, a Sachs-Dolmar 111. Being out in the Cariboo of central BC I glued them together with Gorilla glue, the original formula that you put glue on one surface and moisture on the other and clamp them together. Be darned if it didn't work, at least for sawing enough bug-kill pine to get me through a month of -40 weather in a leaky old cabin. I can report that the stuff works.

The mounts did eventually come apart again and have since been replaced with new ones, but I'm amazed at how long they held. That glue, properly used, will hold some amazing stuff together.

The failure was rubber to rubber; the glue held them together and I could feel the increased stiffness in the mounts. Not permanent by any means, but who knows how long a fix might last in a place where the stress of anti-vibe mounts isn't. At least-- cheap to try.

Back