• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 241cm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryanr2

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Bought this saw from a member first of the year. I have put half a tank of fuel thru it. Off memory, I recall they ran 2-3 tanks thru it.
Comes with the PHO, 16'' Stihl bar, slightly used chain, another brand new Stihl chain in packaging, unopened tool kit, and manual also including a Stihl scabbord I had laying around. It has some finger prints and dust on it but it wipes up like new. This is how it sits.
Selling for $550 shipped firm.

Paypal as a gift.

Clutch Cover side 241cm.jpg 241cm recoil side.jpg 241cm package.jpg 241cm front of saw.jpg 241cm chain.jpg 241cm bar.jpg

I hate you for posting this. :cry:

Me too.
Randy and I were discussing saws the other night and I told him I needed to sell a couple. So this and atleast one more has to go. The reason being: I overheard a conversation my wife was having with a friend the other day, and she was telling her how I dont do anything romantic and am not romantic. She wasnt saying it so I would hear it... I just did.
Anyways, Ive spent thousands on saws this year, and she has spent alot of money on herself as well... but I need to spend some money on her too. The easiest way to do this without alerting her is to sell some toys. Our 7 yr anniversary is only a few months away and Im gonna knock her socks off with my "romanticalness":ices_rofl::cool:

We've lived together since our "very first date" she came over one night to watch a movie (Texas Chainsaw Massacre) with me and my friends and stayed til 6am. She went back home to her mom and dads and got her 14 month old son. I met him that morning over breakfast at Cracker Barrel. She brought her bags that afternoon. In eight years we have never spent a night apart. Absolutely the love of my life, I just fail to show it sometimes.

You don't need to sell a saw or buy her anything expensive to be romantic (unless you are taking her to France or something),,,,just sayin'. Keep the saw, get a baby-sitter, buy her some flowers, buy a bottle of wine, cook her a steak, and play some Barry White....Turn down for whaaaaaat?

We are a lot a like Steven. But they get use to it or at least mine did.

I thought it was romantic how I proposed. (stole the idea from Sweet Home Alabama)
She already knew it was coming bc she had asked me for 6 months "Dont you want to marry me? Well when?" Anyways, I told her I needed to go pick something up and we went out for the evening and I pulled into Jareds Galleria of Jewely, got out, we walked in (I had a Jeweler waiting there for us), as soon as we got in I turned to her and said, "Pick One" and gave her free reign of the store. It probably cost me more than had I taken the time to pick one myself, but she got what she wanted and that's what I wanted.

Congratulations on the 7 year itch!! To both of you. My wife and I have been married 20 years last month, but we are not together right now ;( it takes a lot of hard work to hold a marriage together!! Hats off to you for selling a saw, to make it about her!! I would sell my only 2 saws in a heartbeat, if it was as simple as that to bring my wife home!!

I was at the Stihl dealer the last week looking at the 241's and getting some oil. I have been kind of wanting one since they came state side this year. $559 price tag on the saw, looked it over, talked with the salesman. got some oil and was heading for the door, he says $517 for the 241 C-M with 16" bar and chain and scabbord and I will throw in a 2nd extra chain at no charge. I turned to him and said really, he said YES, $517 plus tax you can take it home today!

I was VERY TEMPTED to pull out my debit card and take it home with me!!! Very Very Temping, but I resisted, He said his offer will still stand when I come back. It has been very hard to fight the URGE not go back and grab one!!

You don't need to sell a saw or buy her anything expensive to be romantic (unless you are taking her to France or something),,,,just sayin'. Keep the saw, get a baby-sitter, buy her some flowers, buy a bottle of wine, cook her a steak, and play some Barry White....Turn down for whaaaaaat?

Congratulations on the 7 year itch!! To both of you. My wife and I have been married 20 last month, but we are not together right now ;( it takes a lot of hard work to hold a marriage together!! Hats off to you for selling a saw, to make it about her!! I would sell my only 2 saws in a heartbeat, if it was as simple as that to bring my wife home!!

I was at the Stihl dealer the last week looking at the 241's and getting some oil. I have been kind of wanting one since they came state side this year. $559 price tag on the saw, looked it over, talked with the salesman. got some oil and was heading for the door, he says $517 for the 241 C-M with 16" bar and chain and scabbord and I will throw in a 2nd extra chain at no charge. I turned to him and said really, he said YES, $517 plus tax you can take it home today!

I was VERY TEMPTED to pull out my debit card and take it home with me!!! Very Very Temping, but I resisted, He said his offer will still stand when I come back. It has been very hard to fight the URGE not go back and grab one!!

that's s good price. better than we can do here.

I agree, I called a 2nd dealer that I have bought from in the past,, he said he could not meet or beat that price.

I dont know if I can resit NOT buying it at $517 for TO much longer. Even my 8 year old daughter said "Dad, your not going to buy it??" as we were walking out the door. In the truck she said it's so cute compared to your other two saws, almost like their little brother, Dad. I cant believe she paid that much attention to my saws!! I will admit it is cute sitting on the shelf next to a 441 or 362!!

come on guys lets get this saw sold. if steven says he put half tank through it that means he hasn't even started it cause he was on AS instead. this saw is mint. oh and steven, i made it a goal of mine years ago that when the wife is around were doing something together regardless of what else i have going on cause whatever that is can usually wait. being romantic one day of the year ain't gonna help you any. when she's around i drag her out on hikes, fishing, hunting, beach, dinner, movie or whatever. heck i even sometimes get her out doing dirty work like digging for clams, yard work, or even loading the truck with wood. then there's always the evening relaxation later. i still do stuff like AS or working on or using saws in between doing things with her or when she's not around like today. what you heard was your wife say you are not romantic to a friend but more often then not that just means you don't spend enough time together. not ever spending a night apart means nothing cause your gone anyways LOL. try staying off AS a day or 2 a week and just go spend time with her or even just try to make it minimal those 2 days. i swear i wake up in the morning and your on, go to work, check in on lunch break and your on, get home and your on, eat supper, come back check and your on, go to sign out for the night and your on. your time zone is way ahead of mine as well so you must be up til 3am on AS some nights. no wonder why she thinks you not romantic. how can you be romantic when your always on AS. i'm not telling you how to live your life, just saying that one day of what you call romance and spending money on her ain't gonna help for more then a few days. money doesn't get you anything but assets and way of living. i make my wife happy for free every single day. just trying to help buddy ;)

Or start running stock saws instead of ported ones. :laugh: Probably be able to take a cruise around the world for all the money you have given to MM.

What the hell is a stock saw? I get more excited about having them ported than I do about buying em.:rolleyes:

come on guys lets get this saw sold. if steven says he put half tank through it that means he hasn't even started it cause he was on AS instead. this saw is mint. oh and steven, i made it a goal of mine years ago that when the wife is around were doing something together regardless of what else i have going on cause whatever that is can usually wait. being romantic one day of the year ain't gonna help you any. when she's around i drag her out on hikes, fishing, hunting, beach, dinner, movie or whatever. heck i even sometimes get her out doing dirty work like digging for clams, yard work, or even loading the truck with wood. then there's always the evening relaxation later. i still do stuff like AS or working on or using saws in between doing things with her or when she's not around like today. what you heard was your wife say you are not romantic to a friend but more often then not that just means you don't spend enough time together. not ever spending a night apart means nothing cause your gone anyways LOL. try staying off AS a day or 2 a week and just go spend time with her or even just try to make it minimal those 2 days. i swear i wake up in the morning and your on, go to work, check in on lunch break and your on, get home and your on, eat supper, come back check and your on, go to sign out for the night and your on. your time zone is way ahead of mine as well so you must be up til 3am on AS some nights. no wonder why she thinks you not romantic. how can you be romantic when your always on AS. i'm not telling you how to live your life, just saying that one day of what you call romance and spending money on her ain't gonna help for more then a few days. money doesn't get you anything but assets and way of living. i make my wife happy for free every single day. just trying to help buddy ;)

I really appreciate the thought and effort you put into this post. It means alot to me and I think you nailed it. :rock:

Roger that,
And don't forget it will be packaged well enough to make through Afghanistan dragging behind a tank.

. . . Wondering if that movie on the first date has anything to do with getting rid of the saw?

Congrats Steven !

Ya know... I took a chainsaw across the top of my boot back in 2010 and I havent been able to watch a Texas Chainsaw Movie ever since.:laugh: It made it real personal for me.:ices_rofl: Still get queezy thinking about feeling the inside of my boot get immediately wet (with blood):oops:

Back