• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 241cm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too.
Randy and I were discussing saws the other night and I told him I needed to sell a couple. So this and atleast one more has to go. The reason being: I overheard a conversation my wife was having with a friend the other day, and she was telling her how I dont do anything romantic and am not romantic. She wasnt saying it so I would hear it... I just did.
Anyways, Ive spent thousands on saws this year, and she has spent alot of money on herself as well... but I need to spend some money on her too. The easiest way to do this without alerting her is to sell some toys. Our 7 yr anniversary is only a few months away and Im gonna knock her socks off with my "romanticalness":ices_rofl::cool:

Man, I met my wife in our junior year of collage and as of this year, we will have been together 25 years, been married 20 years and have an awesome 13 year old son. We are only 44 years old and some days it seems like that was just yesterday and yet we have been together for more than half of our lives. I flew her all the way to Hawaii to say I do on the beach at Bali-Hi where the romantic movie South Pacific was filmed. Trust me, getting married is easy, staying married is the hard part. As the old saying goes, you have to work at it and it's very easy to become comfortable and complacent after years of being together. There is nothing wrong with a little friendly reminder from the other half now and then- it's what keeps us on our toes! Recognizing that you may need to put a little extra effort into it now and again is half the battle. In fact, being aware of that and her knowing that you are aware of it is usually more importand to her than what ever you do as a result of that knowledge. All that said, acting on it (big event or small token) doesn't hurt any eigther every once and a while! Just my humble opinion... ;)

Man, I met my wife in our junior year of collage and as of this year, we will have been together 25 years, been married 20 years and have an awesome 13 year old son. We are only 44 years old and some days it seems like that was just yesterday and yet we have been together for more than half of our lives. I flew her all the way to Hawaii to say I do on the beach at Bali-Hi where the romantic movie South Pacific was filmed. Trust me, getting married is easy, staying married is the hard part. As the old saying goes, you have to work at it and it's very easy to become comfortable and complacent after years of being together. There is nothing wrong with a little friendly reminder from the other half now and then- it's what keeps us on our toes! Recognizing that you may need to put a little extra effort into it now and again is half the battle. In fact, being aware of that and her knowing that you are aware of it is usually more importand to her than what ever you do as a result of that knowledge. All that said, acting on it (big event or small token) doesn't hurt any eigther every once and a while! Just my humble opinion... ;)

Thank you for your thoughts and words..... sound advice to the younger generation.:bowdown:

My wife and i just aren't romantic people i guess. She don't expect cards,flowers,or any of that on sweetest day or valentines day we went to dinner on our 1st anniversary but have done nothing since. I've tried but shes said the fact i remember is good enough. Lol

I get off pretty easy. Mine doesn't know what I spend usually. She doesn't care either. She gets yarn and stuff to knit and she's happy. She even tells me not to sell some since I'll just buy more.

if you think you're doing "enough" to keep your marriage and wife happy...you are dead wrong. you need to always remember the way to keep a woman is to never let her know she is married. Yup make sure she feels like its your first date with her every night. Put THAT much effort into her. It has nothing to do with money or how much you spend "on" her. Its what you so WITH her. Take nothing for granted unless she is butt ugly because there is some single younger rich dude right around the corner trying to "date" her too. Married women talk and many get bored and just want something different. Make sure you're that "different" she wants.

25 years and 3 kids later I still chase her around like she is 18. Cause to me she still is my girlfriend and I still keep tryin to catch her.

Thats a great story. Not knocking anybody, but I'm pretty sure you shouldn't get your romantic advice from these guys. Lol...
Maybe you could get her a saw and take her out in the woods with you.

I drained it tonight and am going to get it packed up. Im hoping for a sale this week. (dont have anything in the works.... just hoping) I figure if I can pack it, it will be out of sight and wont have the urge to close the listing.

I drained it tonight and am going to get it packed up. Im hoping for a sale this week. (dont have anything in the works.... just hoping) I figure if I can pack it, it will be out of sight and wont have the urge to close the listing.

Boy, if the price miraculously got dropped a little I don't know if I could control my CAD. ;)

Back