Stihl 260 she's hot!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nathan Bruce

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I thought I would give an update on my 65$ Stihl 260 adventure, I put a new amazon carburetor on it and got it tuned it seems to be running decent but i might get a WT-194 for it at some point. I ran it in some ~18" oak last weekend and she had a whole lot of power, I was able to lean on the dogs with a 20" bar. Overall I really, really like this saw. I don't have a compression gauge but that saw feels like it has lots and lots of compression. I drilled out the exhaust about an 1/8" of an inch which seems to have made a huge difference.ms260.jpg

I thought I would give an update on my 65$ Stihl 260 adventure, I put a new amazon carburetor on it and got it tuned it seems to be running decent but i might get a WT-194 for it at some point. I ran it in some ~18" oak last weekend and she had a whole lot of power, I was able to lean on the dogs with a 20" bar. Overall I really, really like this saw. I don't have a compression gauge but that saw feels like it has lots and lots of compression. I drilled out the exhaust about an 1/8" of an inch which seems to have made a huge difference.View attachment 1032813
You stole that 👍🏻

Latest posts

Back