• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl 33rsf 105DL Chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony Grice

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Anybody have a spool of 33rsf and feel like spinning a loop for a 32" bar. 105 Drive links. Can't find them hardly anywhere online (except baileys who wants 12 dollars to ship it to me) and the one dealer in my area that has them wants nearly 50 dollars each.

Would also consider buying a used loop or two with decent life left.

Thanks,

I don't believe this one is a skip tooth.
that is skip. look at the detailed picture (2nd picture)

compare to the pics from the stihl website

RSF
rsf.jpg

this is the ebay listing

rsf 2.jpg

this is RS non skip

rs.jpg

Sorry, not trying to sound like a know it all. the chain could end up selling cheap so it could be a good deal for the OP

Anybody have a spool of 33rsf and feel like spinning a loop for a 32" bar. 105 Drive links. Can't find them hardly anywhere online (except baileys who wants 12 dollars to ship it to me) and the one dealer in my area that has them wants nearly 50 dollars each.

Would also consider buying a used loop or two with decent life left.

Thanks,
You only want Stihl chain and not something similar in Oregon/Carlton, etc? I ask because I have quite a variety of chains but no rolls of Stihl.

that is skip. look at the detailed picture (2nd picture)....................

Sorry, not trying to sound like a know it all. the chain could end up selling cheap so it could be a good deal for the OP

Rember that is a 105DL chain. The other picture is more critical in determining sequence

Rember that is a 105DL chain. The other picture is more critical in determining sequence
You are right. If you zoom on the other picture you can see that it is regular RS. The close up detailed picture that the seller chose to display just happened to be where the chain was spliced to 105dl..... My bad.

I am going to keep an eye on the ebay post.. RSF has worked great for me so far but it's going on a 660 w/ BB so I suppose it could pull full comp just fine. Only one way to find out right...

As for something else I've only ever used Stihl and couldn't be happier. I'd be willing to try something else for the right price.

You are right. If you zoom on the other picture you can see that it is regular RS. The close up detailed picture that the seller chose to display just happened to be where the chain was spliced to 105dl..... My bad.

Yep :)

Man the chain on ebay went pretty cheap... considering.. don't you hate when you get distracted at work and miss an ebay auction ....DAMN paycheck.

Thanks for all the input I beleive Brushwacker has me hooked up.

Back