Stihl 361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eiler2641

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if it was still possible to find a brand new stihl 361 or are the new 362's all you can find on the shelves any more?

Some dealers still have some 361s left, as far as I have read - but it isn't very common. Avoid the C-Q version, if that is what you find (it often is).

I havent seen a new 361 in a long time. Ive ran both the 361 and the 362. I really like the 362. Seemed to have a little more boost than the 361. Maybe a few more rpms. Both are excellent saws :biggrin:

They're still out there, you've just got to look around. One of the dealers in my area had 3 in stock just last month that he was marking down $100.

I havent seen a new 361 in a long time. Ive ran both the 361 and the 362. I really like the 362. Seemed to have a little more boost than the 361. Maybe a few more rpms. Both are excellent saws :biggrin:

Ive ran both. The company I work for phased out the 361's and went to the 362's. Personally I'll take a 361 any day. The "2's" feel and sound too much like a husky to me.

Ive ran both. The company I work for phased out the 361's and went to the 362's. Personally I'll take a 361 any day. The "2's" feel and sound too much like a husky to me.
My Euro MS361 actually behaves mostly like a Husky xp, so imo you turned that comparison upside down! :smile2:

Well, since Stihl pretty much copied Husky when the built the 361, I guess is only natural since the 362 is an evolutionary step from the 361.

(there, that ought to get'em going. What say ye, Niko?)

The last 361 I ran at work, I cranked out over 3000hrs on it. It was replaced with a 362 which is getting close to 500hrs on it. I figure thats enough experience to tell the difference in them.

They're still out there, you've just got to look around. One of the dealers in my area had 3 in stock just last month that he was marking down $100.

Can you get me the name and number for that dealer? For $100, I will buy whatever he has in stock. I personally own a 361 and find it to be a great saw. $100 is big box store saw pricing, not a nice pro saw like this.

Conor

Agreed x's 100, but of the two mentioned, I would have a hard time choosing. If forced, I probably would go with the 361.

In Europe they both have the same power, so no doubt the lighter and neater 361! :smile2:

The 560xp looks like the new 60cc king though......:biggrin:

Can you get me the name and number for that dealer? For $100, I will buy whatever he has in stock. I personally own a 361 and find it to be a great saw. $100 is big box store saw pricing, not a nice pro saw like this.

Conor

I think you might have misunderstood, they were taking $100 off...

I see. I thought that was too good to be true but that still isn't a bad deal for someone needing a nice saw like that.

Conor

Yes, it was. They were selling them for the same price as the new MS261, just that with the MS261 you got a free case and extra chain.

I think you might have misunderstood, they were taking $100 off...

...and he is in Canada. The OP is in the Ozarks.

OP, check around. I know a couple of weeks ago this same question was asked and several people reported being able to find 361's. Heck, there were still NIB original 440's squirreled away and available when Stihl decided to reintroduce the 440!!

Back