Stihl 441....using stihl Ultra Oil mixed 40:1

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't think that synthetic oils have any less "friction" than regular oil, they have better resistance to heat and film failure, and in 2 stroke oils I believe they can run cleaner. If your oil fails and allows metal to metal contact.......that does not sound like a good "break in" procedure to me.

Correct ester syn oil is more shear stable. Nothing wrong with 32:1 I've seen the inside of saws running 50:1 and saws running 32:1 I'm sticking with 32:1.:cheers:

:agree2:

I'm one of those guys who always ran saws at 50:1, until I bought a new (old) 076. I've been babying it at 32:1, reasoning that it's cheaper to buy oil than parts for a saw that's no longer made. The problem is, it bogs down way too easily. So, if it takes me twice as long to make a cut, it's not helping the saw any.

Next tank, I'm going back to 50:1.

Correct ester syn oil is more shear stable. Nothing wrong with 32:1 I've seen the inside of saws running 50:1 and saws running 32:1 I'm sticking with 32:1.:cheers:

I have had my saws apart(cylinder) after a year of firewood bucking.
I have no major carbon build up!!!!!!
I do clean the carbon that is on it off. But will stick with the oil rich mix.

Back