Stihl 441 vs. Husky 372/576

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok

The 441 has more power, any husky head will tell ya that. The 441 also has more power than a 440, do you think that is easy for me to admit???:laugh: The only ones that got the bullet was the 440 and 372. The 441 is Stihl going.;)

I bet u paint urself orange and white, put on ur cutting helmet and run around the house naked yelling "Go Stihl, Go Stihl" all day when no one is looking too! :hmm3grin2orange:

I know you are a huge fan of Stihl saws, theres no question about that and they are all very good saws IMO too. The fact of the matter is that if a 441 "smokes" a 372 or 440 or vice versa, the difference in a full day of cutting might be a total of a couple minutes. Other things such as tuning, chain sharpness etc. play a larger role than the differences between comparable saws of different brands. All I am saying is that these differences tend to be exaggerated here, and for the normal person they are virtually non-existent. Things such as the ergos, filtration, weight and saw feel mean more to me than the couple of minutes a day difference in cut times. But it is fun to cut faster than that guy!

I like the back and forth with u 2K ur a fun guy to post with and you can take a little ribbing and not get twisted. :cheers::cheers:

I know I have limited experience but I don't think that's the case at all. The 441 has a very broad torque curve, equally as comfortable in 20" and 28"+ wood (obviousley the time it takes to cut is longer, but the cutting speed is not)

I care a lot more for a good top end than about low end torque - if you need that, the saw is basically too small for the task!

I care a lot more for a good top end than about low end torque - if you need that, the saw is basically too small for the task!

Thats not the whole story, it only applies when cutting softwood. If you cut a lot of hardwood, like beech, like the Germans do, low end torque is a very good thing.

I cut mainly hardwood and when the wood gets bigger I appreciate the torque, this is why I like Woodchuckers 7900 over his 681:)

Back