Stihl 441cm verse 460

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:clap:

Here's something to make you more impatient:

IMG_0223.jpg

441RC-M28ESLIGHT.jpg

IMG_0226-1.jpg

Uh....ya.. That would be the one. Very nice. Anybody make a ported muffler for one yet? How does the stihl light bar compare to the Sugi?

Stihl light bars are significantly more expensive than the Sugi bars. I researched it a lot before I bought a 32 Sugi for my ported 660. The Sihl light bars are a bit lighter, but at darn near twice the price, ya gotta be a freaking oil sheikh to afford them.

Good thing Tsumura and Sugihara put out topline bars at well under Stihl light bar prices.

Uh....ya.. That would be the one. Very nice. Anybody make a ported muffler for one yet? How does the stihl light bar compare to the Sugi?

Well, hard to really compare, the Sugi is a 20" and the Light is a 28", so handling is quite different. I actually think the Sugi feels higher quality overall, but that ES Light balances perfectly on my 441, moreso than the (equal weight) 460 (but it don't look bad).

IMG_0289.jpg

Stihl light bars are significantly more expensive than the Sugi bars. I researched it a lot before I bought a 32 Sugi for my ported 660. The Sihl light bars are a bit lighter, but at darn near twice the price, ya gotta be a freaking oil sheikh to afford them.

Good thing Tsumura and Sugihara put out topline bars at well under Stihl light bar prices.

looks like you havent priced out any tsumura light and tough bars.

also the 28in sugi hara bar i last bought was 90+shipping and 28in stihl light was 118.

not that much more.

the 28in sugi hara bar i last bought was 90+shipping and 28in stihl light was 118.

not that much more.

My local dealer's price on Stihl light bars is quite a bit higher. The Sugi 32 I bought was 90 plus shipping.

I research before I buy.

The Sugi, BTW, is one great bar as to fit, finish and stiffness. Haven't put more than 100 hours on one yet, so can't comment on longevity.

Last edited:
looks like you havent priced out any tsumura light and tough bars.

also the 28in sugi hara bar i last bought was 90+shipping and 28in stihl light was 118.

not that much more.

My local Stihl-Mart priced the 28" ES Light to me this afternoon at $137.95

My local Stihl-Mart priced the 28" ES Light to me this afternoon at $137.95

Yeah. For that kind of money they should at least be finished with gold paint. :D :D

I just ordered a 32 sugi hara lite for $ 99 plus shipping.

Lite? I wasn't aware Sugihara had different weight grades. Their bars are lighter in general than Stihl ES bars and heavier in general than Stihl ES light bars.

ouch. well they are charging more then list.

btw if anyone needs one i got a brand new 28in es light collecting dust. hint hint.

And I don't have a 28 just now. Got my 038M ported and my 660 ported, and have 25 inch, 32 inch and 36 inch bars, but no 28.

Well, golly, who knew? Damn Stihl ES light is gonna be too pricey even on this used market. Honestly, fellas oughta just shut up and cut. :D :D :D

Yeah. For that kind of money they should at least be finished with gold paint. :D :D

Lite? I wasn't aware Sugihara had different weight grades. Their bars are lighter in general than Stihl ES bars and heavier in general than Stihl ES light bars.
Actually they do, I have a 20 that isnt a lite bar.

The 441 AV is miles ahead of the 460. Also it sips fuel compaired to the 460. With the M Tronic you never have to worry about any adjustments to the carb.The 441 has a very wide powerband also.

They're ahead, but sipping fuel, I'm going against it. Mine uses plenty, lol.

Latest posts

Back