ECHO CS-7301

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll know more in a few months, but I believe the 7310 could be the strongest once ported.

The heavy thing, that just means it has some extra beef, cases, spikes ?? Not sure till I tear it down.

These 7310 all appear to be super rich out if the box. Seems echo learned from the 590, and still the the 1/5 year warranty I figure it will hold up long term.

But the others all have the fancy carb/solonoids etc if you like that.

If I was counting my pennies, echo is best bang for the buck, but that's where the bang stops. In a commercial setting, three or four hundred more dollars for a saw that will make a difference on how my body feels after a 8 hr day of sawing is the best viable option. When I get off work and my body is fatigued to point that I cannot make my wife happy with the thing that us guys do, then my whole world Falls apart.

If I was counting my pennies, echo is best bang for the buck, but that's where the bang stops. In a commercial setting, three or four hundred more dollars for a saw that will make a difference on how my body feels after a 8 hr day of sawing is the best viable option. When I get off work and my body is fatigued to point that I cannot make my wife happy with the thing that us guys do, then my whole world Falls apart.
Are you sure all this tiredness comes from less than 100 grams of difference between 572 and 7310?
I mean, sure, forum comparisons are cool, but extensive decisions should probably be taken after actual work.

Remove stuck lids?
Make dad jokes?
Check oil?
Yell at the tv because that sob ref is blind?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Regarding weight, weight distribution, and it's overall effect to the body at the end of a long day - I was Airborne Infantry in my youth, a wilderness SAR instructor / technician for years and years, and have hiked, hunted, and backpacked all over the globe. I am fairly well versed with covering ground loaded down.

One thing I always preach and teach when it comes to gear selection - ounces equal pounds and pounds equal pain. In addition to that, how that weight is distributed is almost equally important.

In my humble opinion, those same principles apply to the tools we use, saws included. This applies even more so the older we get and the more susceptible we are to repetitive motion injuries.

Power to weight ratio, how that weight is distributed, and how vibes are mitigated are important for guys who sling saws all day. Maybe not so much for us weekend firewood hacks, but I ain't getting any stronger or younger.

Are you sure all this tiredness comes from less than 100 grams of difference between 572 and 7310?
I mean, sure, forum comparisons are cool, but extensive decisions should probably be taken after actual work.
Well I can't say anything about the 572. I have however owned and sawed with a ms462, and a ported 562xpgw. Both of those saws are superior in balance and power.

Nope, never had one. Never will due to lack of dealer support. Local saw shops are going out of business left and right all around me. Only thing left is several Stihl dealers and one husqvarna dealer

So stock for stock what would you buy if they were the same money. And given attention to antivibe management? I’ve watched all your videos on both of the saws and it seems like you love them both. I’m in the market for one or the other I’m just curious which way to go.
Well I've changed my mind a few times on this, but as of now I would give the nod to the 462, it's the best all around package for most. A logger may want something with stiffer springs and weight for longer bars "572" or more power "500i". All of the saws are smooth I wouldn't even worry about that at this point, how you file your chain will be the difference there, most don't even think about that. The value with Echo is price for what you get, a high end pro saw for a bit less. If you cut dusty stuff you want the 462 or 7310. The 500i gets packed with dust pretty quickly, and dust gets past the filter on the 572, though I've heard and have seen pics of a new filter that should fix this issue.

The 462 running a 28 inch Stihl lite bar and .063 gauge semi skip was perfect balance for what I do. That's what was ran on the 462 that is now in the hands of chipper1 .
That's how mine is set up, well .050 gauge. The thing with the 462 is one can throw a 20" or 24" on it and use it as a smaller saw, the 500i is too big for that.

Latest posts

Back