• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 660 or husky 395xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gixxerjoe04

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Looking to buy a chainsaw for milling, preferably a stihl 660 or husqvarna 395xp, would like to go bigger and not have to worry about upgrading in the future but trying to not anger my pregnant wife too much by spending even more money haha. I ordered a granberg 56" mill but plan on running a 36-42" bar for now until I can hopefully upgrade down the road, will just see how life and money is after having a kid haha. Was hoping to find something local but big saws are few and far between, could get a 090 locally but def can't spend $1500 on a saw. Just shoot me a message or post it on here, thanks.

Ported 660 was just listed, but for running bars that big I would think an 084 would be what I would be looking for. I think there is also one of those in here.

GLWS
S
e
a
r
c
h

Yea I saw that one, but a little out of my price range since I still have to buy a bar, I did try buying the 084 if it's the same one you're talking about but it had sold by the time I called unfortunately.

for 36-42 bar.... 395xp at a minimum. should actually be looking for a 84/88/3120. milling big lumber is hard on a saw
Thought the 660 and 395 are pretty similar saws, thought I've seen a decent amount of people running 36" bars with the 660 for milling. Think a 660 ported would be fine to run a 42"? Main reason I want to be able to run a bigger bar isn't to cut huge logs all the time, mainly to be able to logs that flare out, want to be able to keep the crotch section intact. Was offered a real nice ported 395xp but it's a big out of what I wanted to spend, might change my mind.

Bump to see if there are any good deals on an 880 out there, thought I had one bought from craigslist, of course the guy stopped responding too my messages, wasn't even trying to haggle or anything haha.

Bump to see if there are any good deals on an 880 out there, thought I had one bought from craigslist, of course the guy stopped responding too my messages, wasn't even trying to haggle or anything haha.
Just posted a very nice 084 for sale.

Back