• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl 661 crankshaft

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derrick Sawyer

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hi all,
Looking for a Stihl 661 Crankshaft in working condition, new or used. Bottom end was roasted, maybe since intake was clogged with rubber intake baffler washer, not sure. Could also use crank bearings at some point too if anyone can supply at discounted price since too much at dealer.

could trade for any 660 parts you may need.

thanks.

Guess not, i bought it as a parts saw off a dealer, strange thing is that they say its a 2015, sold march 2015 according to Stihl, but serial number is 1777xxx which i thought was part of recall, and the sticker on the handle says DOM 10.13. I've never seen a saw with a roasted crank bearing big end, usually i see roasted pistons and roasted crankcase bearings. Sides of piston and cylinder aren't really scored but top of piston and cylinder have indentations from the bearing coming apart.

Back