Stihl around the World

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last week I was in Panama, in the morning parked outside the little hotel was this van.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

On my previous trip down this way, I had a chance to put my head in a small shop on the Costa Rica side of the CR/Panama border.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Notice how much the mechanic looks like Tommy Hall?

Mark

For those that don't know him, Tommy is the good looking fellow, I am the one with glasses and a new Stihl hat. Tommy won't wear a has as it might mess up his "doo".

attachment.php

Mark

P.S. that photo is a few years old, Tommy just keeps getting better looking and I get older...

Notice how much the mechanic looks like Tommy Hall?

Mark

Did he have a strong local acceeeeent and try to empty your pockets as well...???.dayuuum them Stihl fellers are a special breed :laugh::laugh:

Stihl is present everywhere, their distribution network is top notch. No doubt about that.
I travel a lot as well, and if I notice a Husky or Stihl sign, it always draw my attention. Two weeks ago, I saw a huge Husqvarna sign in the middle of Istanbul, Turkey.

Back in Australia last week and this, driving today from Horshum to Portland we passed by a place near Balmoral VIC advertising cold drinks, since we needed drinks we stopped. A shout in the door and the man calls "Come in", but sorry no drinks available today. I saw a couple of McCulloch saws setting around and being naturally curious intoduced myself as a chain saw collector. "Collector you say, well follow me..."

My colleague Wayne on the left, my new friend Peter Smith on the right.

attachment.php

Out side

attachment.php

Inside

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

A few more to come.

Mark

The back shop, notice the Stihl bar machine

attachment.php

Peter and his Stihl Trainer shirt

attachment.php

The collection 'round the side, notice the 3 phase Titan on the floor, there was a Stihl two man saw setting by the other end of the bar but I didn't want to be too aggressive with my photo's.

attachment.php

We spent about 30 minutes visiting about Stihl in Australia (Peter had a large group of professional cutters using his services) and about his collection of BMW's (16 altogether) and other classic cars including a 1928 Buick roadster and a Porsche 928S. Wayne is also a car buff so we had a good time, but finally had to get going.

Mark

Back