Stihl bar & chain catalog

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1Alpha1

100% USDA Certified Abnormality-Free.
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I've heard of them, but never seemed to be able to find one at a dealer. I never went to the trouble to specifically ask for one, as I always forgot to do so.

Anyways, while on a m/c ride last weekend, I stopped by an ACE Hardware to use the restroom and I checked out their Stihl department while there. Lo and behold, there was one and only one, lying on a shelf.

It was a 14th edition catalog and effective Jan. 2013. I picked it up and paged thru it. 122 pages and packed full of info. on bars, chains, and files.

It has way more information that I think I'll ever need, but it's nice to have some reference material that thoroughly explains whatever you might need to know. I know there's some of you that don't need a bar / chain catalog, but for guys like me that want to know more, it's a great resource.

I'm not sure how often these catalogs get updated, but at least now I have one that can go to. It's every bit as nice as their full-line equipment catalog.

I used to have one too, rarely needed it but when I did it was invaluable

I have 3 from various years. The last one I received from a dealer. I went in and asked him to order me one. It took weeks but when it arrived he called me and when I asked how much, he said "I guess it's free, I don't see a price"

I have 3 from various years. The last one I received from a dealer. I went in and asked him to order me one. It took weeks but when it arrived he called me and when I asked how much, he said "I guess it's free, I don't see a price"
Stihl has a section on their site for bars and chains, but it only covers the green product.

The catalogs are quite complete with information on chains, bar, cross references and Stihl part numbers for bars, chains, sprockets, files etc. A section on competitive saws and their chain type and part numbers.

Saw Troll put up a comprehensive one a while back. I was at a dealer all he was offering in 1/4 inch sprocket nose were 8 tooth. You could have it in 0.043 or 0.050. The one Saw Troll put up has 13 tooth noses and the part number comes up in various places when put in a search engine. So is it the good list of the abbreviated one you got your hands on.

Back