Stihl Bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timbercutter

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
What do yall pay for a 20" Stihl Bar 3/8 .50 72 drive link replacable tip?

Around here $48 tax included. I see them go for a lot more on ebay if the seller throws in a stihl chain wich I buy for 13.95 plus tax..

I'm thinking that sometimes buying stuff on ebay can cost a lot more than getting it from the dealer, especially if you're buying it at auction. Using the buy now feature can sometimes save a lot of cash. But after it's all over, you still have to pay for shipping.

disandat said:
I'm thinking that sometimes buying stuff on ebay can cost a lot more than getting it from the dealer, especially if you're buying it at auction. Using the buy now feature can sometimes save a lot of cash. But after it's all over, you still have to pay for shipping.

I'm with you.

If I have to, I would rather give my local dealer a few bucks
more for something than buy it on-line. One thing is he is more
likely to help you if he see's you are buying something from him.
Last week I wanted a 16" bar for my 200T and two chains
He sold me the two chains for $13 each and give me a good
used bar. The bar was marked for $7 I know thats not much
but little things like that will sure bring me back for more stuff.

I did just get a new case off e-bay for a 028 Super I also got off ebay. The case was under 50 bucks including shipping. Sorry to say the 028 was about 245 including shipping. Sometimes ya get a good deal, sometimes not. It's pretty hard to get a good deal with the bars and chains unless shipping is really low.

I just sent some big homelite bars UPS. Shipping for them as a group was around 30 bucks.

I just bought a case for a 460 with all the mounts,clutch assembly,flywheel,and in real good shape for $70 plus shipping..thought it was a good deal needing it to rebuild a 460 I had,but when I got it I found out it was for a 044 1989.:dizzy: Live and learn:greenchainsaw:

The ebay stuff that is from another store or a professional Ebay'er is rarely a deal. You have to know what the item is worth. I recently bought 5 32" Stihl chians brand new in boxes for $54 shipped. 32" chains are about $28 at my local dealer. I also see 20" Stihl chains for $33 for 2 plus shipping. Horrible buy it now price.

The last Stihl deal I got on ebay wss for 15 RS 20" 3/8 050 72DL chains. Three were brand new and the rest had been put on rental saws and only used once. none of them were mangled or rocked out, they just needed about three swipes with the file. I prefer Stihl chain for the woods. It holds an edge a lot longer and cuts faster out of the box than oregon.. Cost me just over 100 bucks for all of them to my door (I think it was 103 and some change...) Two 20" chains from my dealer cost me 30 bucks.... I paid roughly $6.90 per chain!!!

I broke a couple down and made a couple 24" and 28" loops out of them, had a couple square ground on a silvey to see how long they will last in hardwood compared to my hand filed oregon ones. And I have a stock pile of 20" chains now..... It is the most common size I use.

Latest posts

Back