stihl chain discontinued??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JONSSTIHL

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i got a stihl bar for my 025 and it takes .063 gauge from curt bailey

I went down to my stihl dealer and he sold me a loop of .050 gauge. no wonder it was so loose on the bar.

I went back with the bar and he said he couldn't get any .063 gauge chain for it.

I was wondering if any of you were aware if stihl has discontinued their .325 pitch .063 gauge RS chain or atleast some RSC

or is this just a canadian thing

thanks
James

Have you checked with other dealers? from how you describe it, I get the impression that your dealer doesnt want to order any .063 chain.

Stihl still makes .63 chain . The number is 26RM-2. The new chain number is 26-RCS3. All their mid size saws use this size chain. 025,026,028,029,ms250,260,270,280,.Etc. The new RMC3 chain is a great cutting chain is low vib. Hope this helps.

Maybe Mike Maas is right , but if he sells any stihl saw bigger than a 021 he needs to stock .325/.063 ga. chain.Something don't sound just right, or maybe He is one of those dealers they where talking about in some of the other threads. ( Sorry about that, I just hate bad dealers of any brand)

First not having .063 is just bad enough but selling you .050 gauge .325 for a Stihl saw is just down right criminal.

Bill

Bill G said:
First not having .063 is just bad enough but selling you .050 gauge .325 for a Stihl saw is just down right criminal.

Bill

I missed that!. Yes, it's ridiculous. Get your money back and find another dealer!

The last time I looked, Stihl made most (if not all) the .325 and 3/8" chains in .050, .058 and .063.

The .058 is mostly offered as replacements for other makers saws, but on some markets (here) .058 is standard on short .325 bars.

What the dealers actually offers, varies with what they and their distributers care to stock - not by what Stihl actually makes. :bang:

As an exemple, here in Norway they offer 3/8" chain in .063 only, pretending that the other gauges doesn't exist. :angry2:

Hi all,
I am a stihl dealer and I know for a fact that it HAS NOT been discontinued.
Your dealer is full of IT! But my customers actually prefers Oregon chain to Stihl chain. If you can find Oregon chain in your area you might try it. It will be 22LP for square tooth and 22BP for round tooth.

hey guys,

thanks for all the replies, I think I figured out stihl's strategy. I called a dealer in new york and standard chain is .063 gauge

i think what stihl canada is doing is not making .063 gauge chain available to canadians so that we don't go and buy a chainsaw in the US.

the two dealers I've talked to don't even have .063" gauge in there books, it is like it doesn't exist for them. which is normal because any small stihl chainsaw sold in canada has a .050" gauge bar on it.

I tried contacting stihl but I had to leave a message and they haven't gotten back to me.

I think it is just another way stihl has of making it easier on their dealers and harder on their customers just like banning internet sales

thanks

Just type in 325 063 on ebay. Brand new loops of stihl chain everywhere in that makings. Sometimes you got to do whats best for you, not what they want you to do. Freedom of choice.

Back