Stihl chain part numbers?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kentuckydiesel

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm new to buying premade saw chains...usually have them made off the roll by a place about 45min from me, but was interested in seeing what my options are. Looking part numbers for premade stihl chains, for example 3639 005 0067, the first number designates Rapid Super in .325 pitch/.063gauge and the last number designates the number of drive links, but what is the center number? It seems as though I am finding chains with a 000, 003, or 005 as the center number, and I have no idea what that means.

Thanks,
Phillip

I'm new to buying premade saw chains...usually have them made off the roll by a place about 45min from me, but was interested in seeing what my options are. Looking part numbers for premade stihl chains, for example 3639 005 0067, the first number designates Rapid Super in .325 pitch/.063gauge and the last number designates the number of drive links, but what is the center number? It seems as though I am finding chains with a 000, 003, or 005 as the center number, and I have no idea what that means.

Thanks,
Phillip
I just look at all my premade loops and they all have 005 for the center #. All different sizes of chain. What bar(s) are you running?

Latest posts

Back