Stihl Chainsaw Advise/ Price Check

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TriCountyLawn said:
Ok what kinda $$ are we looking at for a 290? Cause I love the idea of 2 saws. My guys tend to be hard on stuff.

If you are getting two saws, make the second a MS250. No sense having two saws that weigh nearly the same with different power. The power to weight ratio on the 250 is better than the 290, and it is around $50 less in cost.

Man guys thanks a ton! I dont do hardly any tree work so I wouldnt have found this msg board all. You guys have been a real big help. Im 99.9% sure im going to get a 290 and see how I like it. I used a buddies 290 today and really liked it alot.

So that about does it for me. I know this will be the place i will come with ANY tree related questions in the future. Ive just about worn out the search button on this site...lol

PS. Does the safety apparel that Stihl sells good stuff? Or is there another brand i should be looking at? Chapps ect. Im planning on getting a few good helmets and chapps and maybe some more stuff. Safety First.

$tihl sells quality PPE but you pay a premium for the name and avail. can be a joke.

I went to a big name Stihl dealer here in Portland and asked for a set of chaps and they said we don't carry them. Then I asked them where can I find them locally and they said "I dun oh". Then I went to the local Echo dealer and they said they could special order them.

I went to the coast and stopped at the little Stihl dealer in Tillamook and they had all kinds and all sizes. Their prices were a little higher then Bailey's but they're a really good saw shop.

If you can't find it in a big town go to a small town.

Try Bailey's if cost is an issue and you want to order them..

davefr said:
$tihl sells quality PPE but you pay a premium for the name and avail. can be a joke.

I went to a big name Stihl dealer here in Portland and asked for a set of chaps and they said we don't carry them. Then I asked them where can I find them locally and they said "I dun oh". Then I went to the local Echo dealer and they said they could special order them.

I went to the coast and stopped at the little Stihl dealer in Tillamook and they had all kinds and all sizes. Their prices were a little higher then Bailey's but they're a really good saw shop.

If you can't find it in a big town go to a small town.

Try Bailey's if cost is an issue and you want to order them..

If your dealer won't supply them, call Stihl... Any dealer can order them and get them... very quickly. In Porland it would be overnight.

Latest posts

Back