Stihl circular saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishNJ

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Was poking around CL and saw this.
Pretty neat.

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/tls/5976163594.html

c59885327f3b2a451e6d51e748dad4e3.jpg

b0f34154e9bbee08a0c9e836eea45e03.jpg

13b5f3dd257dcc7808cd6da203f5fb2d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess it is pretty neet or neat whichever is the better spelling. It would take about a 2:1 reduction gear to get the blade speed where it is supposed to be. There must be some gearing or the blade would turn the wrong way. I can't see how that is accomplished. How practical it would be to get started cutting on the line with the vibration is something to be curious about. The price is getting close to what an inverter generator to run a regular circular saw is. Too bad the exhaust could not blow the sawdust off the line of cut, often the electric saws have this factored in.

I guess it is pretty neet or neat whichever is the better spelling. It would take about a 2:1 reduction gear to get the blade speed where it is supposed to be. There must be some gearing or the blade would turn the wrong way. I can't see how that is accomplished. How practical it would be to get started cutting on the line with the vibration is something to be curious about. The price is getting close to what an inverter generator to run a regular circular saw is. Too bad the exhaust could not blow the sawdust off the line of cut, often the electric saws have this factored in.

Looks good to me.

Latest posts

Back