• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold STIHL Contra 1106

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Kenton,

On a side note, I will be curious to see how my Mac 200 pulls thru some of my locust and maple logs wjem it arrives this week. I intend to get some ripper chain for it and see how it does with the Granberg 36 inch mill I am also waiting on.

Also, so I don't entirely hijack David's post, I will add, I am waiting on an 044 from him. Can't wait to pass on my review of this saw once it arrives.

084 can have good power but parts can be pricey. Since weight really does not matter I concur with the 075/076 vote. Good low end power, not ringing at high rpms. And many parts interchange from 050/051/075/076

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. 084 mufflers are exceptionally difficult to find and expensive. Same with ignition, jugs and pistons, etc.

The 1111 series saws (050/051/075/076) also have some tough-to-find parts, but parts and saws are less expensive. And you can usually find good jugs and pistons on eBay, usually from TS760's. You can also use the 111 cc top end on the 87 cc (051) saw with just some minor mods (drilling and tapping larger holes for bolts to hold the jug on). My biggest gripe with these is that it's very rare to find a clean one. Most of the used ones out there have been rode hard and put up wet.

Back