Stihl crankcase splitter dimensions?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freeasaburt

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Looking for a case splitter for Stihl chainsaws, I found this link:

https://www.ebay.nl/itm/15540982769...qalrFvl7xWMDRIoMRVPoZKZCbGcB|tkp:BFBMrLyErdFh
s-l1600.jpg

I showed a friend of mine, who's a metal worker, the splitter before (other link, 65 euros or something) and he said it's pretty expensive for what it is and that he can easily make that himself. And seeing that the picture from that link has the dimensions on it...

Now, I was wondering, could anyone with such a C-style splitter verify those dimensions? You never know, they might be off a little.
Also, the width isn't specified, nor the length of the two teeth that touch the inside of the crankcase, could anyone provide them?

Thanks in advance!

I'm sorry, you 're right. What I meant and should have written as such is a crank case splitter for Stihl chainsaws. No idea if this kind of splitter also works on other brands, btw.
I'm gonna check if I find something about the official Stihl case splitting tool in the service manual or sth. Although I would guess that only dealers can order it, and if not, that it's gonna be pretty expensive.

I have one like the one you wanted to make. Worked ok on my 028 case.
So you bought one? Or did you make it yourself?

Thanks for pointing me to that topic, btw. They mention Husqvarna here and there, but not Stihl, I asked if the dimensions also apply to Stihl.
Old topic though, we'll see if anyone replies.

Latest posts

Back