Stihl dealers can't take a joke

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyank

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
decided to run Stihl chain on a Husqvarna.. went to the closest Sthil dealer and told them I what I wanted, just some RSC, and joked I wasn't sure the saw would take the chain, probably just spit it off and die.... they didn't laugh. Anyways, very happy with the chain.., oils, cuts, and stays sharper longer. Put it on a new Oregon bar. Wasn't impressed with the stock Husky bar and chain.

Depends what bar. I believe SawTroll has mentioned that some of the laminated bars are made by Husky and are not Oregons like the larger bars.

decided to run Stihl chain on a Husqvarna.. went to the closest Sthil dealer and told them I what I wanted, just some RSC, and joked I wasn't sure the saw would take the chain, probably just spit it off and die.... they didn't laugh. Anyways, very happy with the chain.., oils, cuts, and stays sharper longer. Put it on a new Oregon bar. Wasn't impressed with the stock Husky bar and chain.

At least your local Stihl dealer knows what RSC chain is.. Mine didn't have a clue.. I had to get it off fleabay.:dizzy:

I've been running RMC and RSC on my Huskys for a while, but just put a new
Oregon chain on one and kind of like it better.

Most Husky bars are made by Oregon, but Husky does make some of their own.

I got no issues with Oregon/Jred-branded bars or chains. Do what they're supposed to, and do it well.

Ha, you should say some can't take a joke. Now me I would had come back with well your coming half way to your senses,:biggrinbounce2::biggrinbounce2:

Fact is I sell alot of chains to Husky users, I mean a whole lot of chains. I actually have alot of fun with those guys. Its usually me teasing them are ya sure that ole Husky can handle a decent chain, they come back with some slurs of their own and we have a good laff. :msp_thumbsup::msp_thumbsup::msp_thumbsup:

They gotta figure out how to get them orange oil drippin, fallin over, box store sewing machines to cut some how. They are lucky the chains don't jump off the bar trying to reject the saw, just like a donor organ.

I misread your thread title. I thought it said “stihl dealers are a joke” . I probably should get my eyes checked.

I misread your thread title. I thought it said “stihl dealers are a joke” . I probably should get my eyes checked.

There have been more than a few threads that fit that title ;).

Among dealers the lack of a sense of humor and/or lack of product knowledge isn't brand specific.

Your probably right Cent, some are a joke. Hell some are about as bright as those tree hacks claiming to be professionals,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Back