Stihl dual port muffler covers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got one tank of fuel run on the first one and looked at the chain and saw the assembly was gone. My dealer has had others complain about the same issue, so no it is not lack maintenance. They supply a wood screw type of thread, the hot metal lets them fall out. The next step if I put the fire screen on is to weld it on the saws nice and permanent ! I would rather see the screen inside and secure like the clutch side outlet.

I've always made my own dual port covers, on the side of the cover or main muffler half. Always just find a good deflector and drill a nice big hole and either rivit or weld it on. No problems looks great and functions wonderful. Take me about twenty minutes to do. I just did my new to me ms460 and what a difference as always. She's up for a port job now. Tear down happens tonight! Should be up and ripping by Friday. Hope to post up along the way. Just finished two jobs up and have a break before the weekend so figure porting will be time well spent.

I got one tank of fuel run on the first one and looked at the chain and saw the assembly was gone. My dealer has had others complain about the same issue, so no it is not lack maintenance. They supply a wood screw type of thread, the hot metal lets them fall out. The next step if I put the fire screen on is to weld it on the saws nice and permanent ! I would rather see the screen inside and secure like the clutch side outlet.

Hey quityer#####in and pop rivet that screen holder onto the cover. When you need to clean it, take it off and use a wire brush. OR, drill out the hole and put a nut and bolt on there. If you use the kind of nut that self locks you will be good to go. Tell your dealer if he can't figure this out. sheeze!!!

Latest posts

Back