Stihl equivalent

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

I have to say, after finally getting a chance to handle a 261, that I like the way it handles just as good or better than the 346xp. Thats JMO of course.

Power wise, the 261 has an edge too. Thats pretty much proven I believe. They are both great saws though but if I bought a new 50cc saw right now it would probably be the 261

I didnt think people even remebered the 346 anymore....

MS261 its that good!:msp_thumbup:

"Husky came out with a hot rod 50 cc saw first. Stihl waited till they could get it right!!"

Some lead, some follow. Glad to see Stihl finally built a 50cc saw to compete. If it wasn't for competition we would all be using axes.

The 346 made me sell my 026, I look forward to the saw that will make me sell the 346.

"Husky came out with a hot rod 50 cc saw first. Stihl waited till they could get it right!!"

Some lead, some follow. Glad to see Stihl finally built a 50cc saw to compete. If it wasn't for competition we would all be using axes.

The 346 made me sell my 026, I look forward to the saw that will make me sell the 346.

Just watch Brads video a few posts back. It will show you which saw to own!!! the 346 is a great saw. Likely in the top 3 of 50cc saws made today.

Hard to beat a ported 346, but sooner or later these guys are gonna come up with the right recipe for the 555....
Just sayin...

First off, turn off your signature in Tapatalk. It is incredibly irritating.

There is no comparable saw to the 346. The 261 handles like a 60cc saw. Nice, but cumbersome for only a 50cc saw.

There is no comparable saw to the 346. The 261 handles like a 60cc saw. Nice, but cumbersome for only a 50cc saw.

I like my ladies (um Saws) with a little meat on them. Means they are built for working. Big bottom saws need their time with the wood too. hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

A 261 doesn't handle as well as a 346. I had a new-to-me 261 at my garage when I got home last night. It took me about 10 minutes of picking one up and flipping it around and then swapping to the other one to realize the 346 is lighter and more compact. I only made a handful of cuts with each, and the chains weren't the same, but if the 261 has a power advantage, it was readily apparent last night. I bought a couple of loops of RSC today and plan to put them in the same tree tomorrow, if the weather cooperates.

What is this T A P A T A L K you speak of??? I here on my I-phone know nothing of this "thing" you speak of... :msp_tongue:

Both the 346 and the 261 in that vid were my personal saws. Both are phenomenal. I put a lot of effort into building both of them. I sold one, and it wasn't the 346. Now, before you guys run away with that, I would be happy to own and use either one of those saws full time. I just happen to like the Husky better. Why? I can't really put my finger on it. They're both just that good. I guess I just like how it feels in my hands. But the weight and handling issues are a moot point to me. They're both just fine in that regards as well.

I went and use both saws this morning and I'm picking up a new 261 on Wednesday

They only had two new saws (261 plus the demo) in stock and there was five of us there trying them out

They also had the 346 there for us to use; I just like how the 261 felt in my hands

I just happen to like the Husky better. Why? I can't really put my finger on it. They're both just that good. I guess I just like how it feels in my hands.

Surprise, surprise. Its just like I've always maintained, different saws fit different people... differently.

Drives me nuts when some think to overlook (and over-talk) this one inalienable fact.

Both the 346 and the 261 in that vid were my personal saws. Both are phenomenal. I put a lot of effort into building both of them. I sold one, and it wasn't the 346. Now, before you guys run away with that, I would be happy to own and use either one of those saws full time. I just happen to like the Husky better. Why? I can't really put my finger on it. They're both just that good. I guess I just like how it feels in my hands. But the weight and handling issues are a moot point to me. They're both just fine in that regards as well.
Don't run saws with your watch on your wrist!!!! It's brutal on the movement! lol. 30 secs=about 6 months on your time-piece!

Back