Stihl equivalent

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't run saws with your watch on your wrist!!!! It's brutal on the movement! lol. 30 secs=about 6 months on your time-piece!

I thought that only applied to Homey's, Macs, and Stihls... Husky's and Dolmars are exempt...
What with bein' so smooooth and all...
Just sayin...:msp_sneaky:

Hard to beat a ported 346, but sooner or later these guys are gonna come up with the right recipe for the 555....
Just sayin...

It will always be quite a bit heavier and larger than the 346xp, and isn't suitable as a replacement - the 550xp is though, and has already replaced the 346xp here, at least according to the website. ;)

Last edited:
Every video of that 346XP shows it buzzing and chattering kind of like that drill the dentist uses on your teeth. Dolmars are much more refined... ;)

You would change your wiew about refined, if you looked closely at the porting in the cylinders, and knew what to look for! :biggrinbounce2:

Also, the better handling of the Huskys is because that they really care about that, unlike the German brands! It is far from accidental - Husky puts a lot of effort into making them that way. :cool2:

Last edited:
Exactly! :agree2:

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiko.......... You haven't even used a 261. ARGHHHHH. And yes, before you spill me a reply-- I know that you have briefly fondled one at the dealership.

And I realize that you will also tell me that "You dont need to cut with one, or even hold a saw for that matter"- if you "know what to look for". Hahaha, just razzin' ya a bit- you know it is in good humor.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiko.......... You haven't even used a 261. ARGHHHHH. And yes, before you spill me a reply-- I know that you have briefly fondled one at the dealership.

And I realize that you will also tell me that "You dont need to cut with one, or even hold a saw for that matter"- if you "know what to look for". Hahaha, just razzin' ya a bit- you know it is in good humor.

You don't really need to even "fondle" one - it is obvious that it won't handle very nicely, from the way it is built (it is mostly about weight distribution). Regarding how it accellerates and cuts, there is more than enough info on here.

:yoyo::yoyo:

Thank god for this forum or else I would never get my fill of Husky vs the other saws. It is sometimes funny, entertaining, and even educational !!

Latest posts

Back