• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl FG-2 Filing Guide

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swamp Yankee

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Selling my FG-2 guide.

Used but in excellent condition. All parts are there including the manual, box is long gone.

Very low usage as I only used this guide from time to time to restore a rocked chain. Since I got the Tecomec grinder 3 years ago I haven't used it. It does a great job sharpening both touch ups and repairing damage. Handy for experimenting with angles if you're so moved.

Contrary to rumors, this guide will not file square grind chain without extensive modification. The file holder / carriage will hold a Pferd 3 corner bevel file, but there is simply not enough adjustment in the vertical for square filing. I had fooled with the idea of modding this jig for repairing damaged square file chains, but by the time I made the solid model, and paid a toolmaker with a prototrak equipped milling machine to make the part(s), it's simply easier and less costly to buy an ATOP, or round grind the chains and get new square ground from my Stihl dealer.

Price is $170 shipped lower 48 via UPS ground. $20 of the price is earmarked for shipping and insurance so if your local and want to pick it up FTF it's $150. I'm 15 minutes from the junction of I-84 and the Mass. Pike (1-90) Price is firm, jig takes up little room and can stay put with no problem. Certified bank check or USPS money order only.

Please note, I will be away from May 15 to May 22 and will have spotty internet access at best. (Price you have to pay to get good fishing)

Questions, etc. drop a PM.

DSCN0076.JPG

DSCN0078.JPG

DSCN0080.JPG

Take Care

Latest posts

Back