stihl file guide

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I'd like to have both the vise and guide. Wanting and having is a different story!

That's almost bearable. Not paying 60 bucks to have something that small shipped. I'll keep on wanting ;-)

The Granberg is decent and a lot cheaper. What are you using now? I find the basic file plate holders to work great, myself, if you have some basic sharpening skills already.

The Granberg is decent and a lot cheaper. What are you using now? I find the basic file plate holders to work great, myself, if you have some basic sharpening skills already.

What's ones opinion on the Oregon bar clamp guide?

IMO, Yuck

The Oregon bar mount guide is extremely flimsy lots of plastic parts. Any pressure applied to the file and it will bend a whole bunch giving inconsistent results. If the user really has a difficult time freehanding then it's probably better than nothing.

Not sure, and I'm sure someone here will correct me if I'm wrong, but the Oregon and Granberg jigs are close in price. That said, again my opinion, the Granberg is of much better construction and will provide more consistent results.

Take Care

That's almost bearable. Not paying 60 bucks to have something that small shipped. I'll keep on wanting ;-)

This is a high quality tool (think snap-on grade tooling). It is heavy. It looks light weight, but think of the pressure you put on it filing. I have one and if there is any way you could come up with the money to buy one you would thank me. I got lucky and found one on Spokane, WA clist and the guy was willing to ship it to me. When it got here I thought he put a couple bricks in the box with it. I'm sure the reason they discontinued it was because of low sales, but if every dealer had one people could've put there hands on they would have had a hard time keeping up with sales. I would like to have another one to give to my Dad.

Back