ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc
Gold Clip Capital

stihl FS250 acceleration bogging down

woodchuckcanuck

woodchuckcanuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
I uploaded a little video to YT

Looking for suggestions on what to do to remedy this problem. Have had it for a while, progressively getting worse.

tfp

ArboristSite Operative
I’d check the exhaust port and screen for carbon buildup first, then check the tuning, air filter and spark plug, fuel lines, and if that doesn’t help maybe the carb needs an overhaul.

DND 9000

DND 9000

Addicted to ArboristSite
Check what tfp said. Also it sounds very lean and the idle is too high. If possible check with pressure and vacuum for any air leaks. And put on the deflector with cutter for the line, it is not good to use it without, it overloads the machine.

John Lyngdal

John Lyngdal

ArboristSite Guru
Another FS250 and FS120 owner here.....
A guard keeps the line from getting too long and causing the engine to bog during wind up. However the line length looks reasonable and shouldn't be causing the condition.
What I saw and heard was that trying to get the engine up to full speed the first time is difficult, with lots of bogging. Once you were able to get the engine up to speed once, the next up throttle cycle had just a hint of bogging.
I'd be checking the fuel lines first for cracks or a pin hole. To be safe, I'd just replace it. I had similar issues with my FS120 and replacing the fuel line corrected the problem.