Stihl handle hose replacement?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cooper426

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Here is my problem,

I have a 046 with heated handles.

The top handle element had a break in it so I took the old cover off and fixed the break. Now I am trying to put the new OEM handle hose back on and I just can't get in on more than 6-8"".
I tried boiling the hose, heat gun, soap, tire lube..

Now am pretty much stuck buying a new handle since mine junk without the hose..

Do you guys have any tricks or secrets you want to share with me on how to get the new hose on?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Last edited:
I use an air hose from your shop air compressor.
Start the hose on and at the same time blow air
between the rubber and handle bar. It should slide
on with a bit of persuation.

Lee

Lee

his advice works on many levels..........

This going to sound odd and kinda funny.I had to get a fairly stiff flex line thru a coil of hard line. I don't know if this will work in your case.Of all people my buddies wife came up with this idea,she is a nurse.

try KY jelly and a bit of water.

We were trying to get the veggie oil line thru a heater line on a diesel engine conversion.Needless to say we had plenty of jokes.Reluctantly we had admit once again she was right! LMAO! WE DONT WANT TO KNOW HOW SHE KNEW THIS WOULD WORK.

This going to sound odd and kinda funny.I had to get a fairly stiff flex line thru a coil of hard line. I don't know if this will work in your case.Of all people my buddies wife came up with this idea,she is a nurse.

try KY jelly and a bit of water.

We were trying to get the veggie oil line thru a heater line on a diesel engine conversion.Needless to say we had plenty of jokes.Reluctantly we had admit once again she was right! LMAO! WE DONT WANT TO KNOW HOW SHE KNEW THIS WOULD WORK.

1 word: CATHETERS.

I know that at the local mountain bike shop they usually use rubbing alcohol to slide new handlebar grips on - it evaporates leaving an almost permanent hold. Not sure if that would work well over the length of a chainsaw handle though.

Lee

That works but it will still be a fight there is no easy way to do it.

Latest posts

Back