Stihl hd 2 air filter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got one to replace the old Hd one on my 460 the guy at the shop tossed in the pre filter for free.

Personally I have not seen a benefit from pre filters. All I have seen them do is hold more garbage and in my experience they tend to block airflow even faster. Being felt a lot of the chips are very difficult to remove in the field as well whereas tapping a dry paper element tends to get most stuff out.

Personally I have not seen a benefit from pre filters. All I have seen them do is hold more garbage and in my experience they tend to block airflow even faster. Being felt a lot of the chips are very difficult to remove in the field as well whereas tapping a dry paper element tends to get most stuff out.

I cut a load of firewood with the new filter without the pre filter and it worked great. I came home and gave it a shot of compressed air and it's looking like new again.:bowdown:

I cut a load of firewood with the new filter without the pre filter and it worked great. I came home and gave it a shot of compressed air and it's looking like new again.:bowdown:

Good stuff :cheers: Be careful with compressed air directly on filters but it is indeed a chainsaw's best friend :)

Back